Part time HR Advisor
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Salary: £28,500 – 32,000 (pro rata) per annum depending on experience, with an additional bonus scheme if annual company targets are met
Flexible working hours: 20 - 25 hours spread evenly over normal office hours, must be worked 5 days per week, Monday to Friday
Due to the pandemic, we are currently working from home and during 2021 (in line with government guidance) we envisage moving to a flexible approach to a combination of office (based in Sutton) and home working. Regular office presence will be required with some requirements to attend occasional planned meetings within the Sutton, Croydon, Bromley and South London areas.
Do you have good communication skills, enjoy problem solving, know your HR stuff and would like the opportunity to develop this more? If so, we would love you to join our friendly team.
We are a small team of HR advisors usually based in Sutton who provide high quality outsourced HR advice to a variety of SME clients based predominately in South London. We are looking for an HR Advisor to join us to provide generalist HR support and excellent customer service to our clients.
You will be the first point of contact for our clients and, you will provide high quality and pragmatic HR advice across all HR areas, mainly by telephone and email. This is a busy generalist role where you will have the opportunity to develop and broaden your HR knowledge and skills however good knowledge of employment law is needed.
This role would suit you if you have some experience at HR Advisor level and are keen to learn and move to the next step in your career or if you are already an HR Generalist / HR Manager / ER Specialist and are looking for a sidestep.
What You will do:
- Provide first line HR advice via telephone and email to clients (issues ranging from holiday calculations, maternity queries, disciplinary and grievance processes, redundancies and more!)
- Advise clients on initial disciplinary and grievance processes, from investigations to appeals and refer complex cases to the senior HR team
- Advise clients on performance and sickness absence management processes and refer complex cases to the senior HR team
- Review employment documentation ensuring compliance with current legislation and best practice
- Assist the HR & Recruitment Manager with recruitment activity for our clients (includes shortlisting)
- Monitor all incoming queries and allocating to colleagues as and when required
- Support the senior HR team as required
- HR Administration duties as required
- Previous experience in an HR advisory/generalist/Employee Relations role
- Employee relations experience and good understanding and knowledge of UK employment law is necessary
- Problem solver who enjoys coming up with solutions
- Proven track record in providing good customer service
- Strong and proactive communicator with the ability to adapt styles and build rapport with clients
- Self-motivated with an adaptable and flexible approach and a good sense of fun
- Good team player with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
- If you have or are working toward a CIPD qualification it’s an advantage, but not a must
The office operating hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday and benefits include 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays), company pension scheme, company bonus scheme (subject to team targets being met), training & development opportunities, health cash plan benefits, employee assistance programme, discount scheme, death in service, a