23 days ago
I am delighted to be supporting a public sector organisation based in North London as they are looking to recruit a part-time HR Advisor to join their small Human Resources Team on a Fixed Term Contract basis until spring 2022. The role will be working 21 hours over 3 days a week.
Your new role
You will be supporting the Head of Human Resources in providing a proactive business-led, value-adding and customer-focused HR service. Supporting the needs of the Authority in Human Resources and employee relations activities, and be the champion of HR providing guidance to line managers, including advice on terms and conditions, managing prolonged or persistent sickness absence, handling disciplinary procedures and resolving grievances, equality and harassment allegations, and capability and performance management plans. You will liaise with other public and private sector bodies and organisations to benchmark HR services and in relation to the procurement of services, as required.
What you'll need to succeed
* Full clean driving licence and the ability to travel to other Authority sites across North London, Hertfordshire and Essex
* Expert knowledge of Human Resources policies & procedures covering the entire employee lifecycle, including employee benefits, recruitment & selection and sickness/absence management
* Verifiable experience of managing employee relations issues and providing advice to managers
* Demonstrable experience of writing Human Resources policies and procedures
* A balance of HR Advisory experience within a multi-site environment in the public and private sector
* Expert knowledge of employee relations management and practice.
* Working knowledge of employment law.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.