A superb opportunity to join a leading manufacturing organisation in the role of Part-Time HR Advisor.
Your main responsibility will be to provide a HR Generalist service to employees and line managers across all areas of HR.
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, this is a part-time, permanent position to be based at our Teesside office for 3 or 4 days per week. Actual days of work can be flexible. Please note travel to the North West will be required.
- Recruitment : Write job advertisements; prepare short-lists for Hiring Managers; prepare interview frameworks; assist and lead interviews; negotiate agency terms and conditions; assist with developing recruitment campaigns.
- Health and wellbeing : Prepare management referrals; arrange counselling sessions; be a Mental Health First Aid point of contact; support with health and wellbeing related projects and initiatives.
- Discipline / grievance / capability : Support line managers with HR investigations / performance improvement plans; provide advice and guidance; coach line managers in line with company policy and best practice; prepare relevant paperwork.
- Policies and procedures : Advise employees on policies and procedures; contribute to new policies; ensure policies are in line with current legislation.
- Pay and reward : Prepare pay spreadsheets; advise on the Company reward policy.
- HR metrics : Monitor key metrics such as turnover and retention and suggest opportunities for improvement.
This is a broad generalist role.
- Working with People
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Writing and Reporting
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Educated to degree level in Business / HR.
- CIPD qualified to level 5 or above or willingness to work towards this.
- 3 years' experience working in a HR Generalist role.
- Excellent employment law knowledge.
- Excellent employee relations experience.
- SAP experience would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Bonus dependent on company and individual performance.
- CIPD annual membership fees paid for. If not CIPD qualified Company will support financially towards this.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Life assurance.
- Company pension.
- Training and development opportunities.