Our Client is one of the UK’s leading online retailers of consumer electronics and have been trading for more than 20 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join their dynamic and expanding company as they enter a period of growth. They have a position for a PART TIME HR Advisor who will set up a HR function within the business whilst reporting to the Operations Director. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a stand alone position so would suit someone who thrives on a challenge and is self-motivated and works with minimal supervision.
As the PART TIME HR Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out and supporting line managers in the correct Human Resources procedures (e.g. probation, monthly reviews, staff appraisals/training requests, discipline & grievances, redundancies, recruitment, selection, sickness absence management, performance management, succession planning and onboarding)
- Providing comprehensive advice and support to managers to resolve employee relations and conflict issues in line with employment law and best practice
- Carrying out management training on HR policies and procedures
- Deliver staff updates through presentations and briefings
- Act as the HR representative on the Wellbeing committee and manage the staff wellbeing activities in line with agreed budget
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are up to date
- Support the annual salary review process by carrying out salary benchmarking and present findings and recommendations to managers and directors
- Manage, progress and complete ad hoc projects
- To improve the efficiency of the HR department, with given timescales as agreed with the Human Resources Manager
- Carry out any other duties as and when required
- Be responsible for data protection compliance –in line with relevant data protection legislation
- Ensure that health, safety, and environmental risks are adequately assessed
The successful candidate for the role of PART TIME HR Advisor will have:
- Previous experience within a similar HR role
- Worked in a HR Advisory position and be qualified by experience or have a CIPD qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be flexible and happy to `muck in` with all administrative duties as required
In return the HR Advisor will receive a basic salary of up to £30,000pro rata. Working hours are 3 days per week working, 9.00am – 5.30pm. Benefits include 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, pro rata, Free on-site parking, Company Pension scheme and staff discounts on all products.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.