Part time HR Manager (20 hours 9am-1pm) role required for medium sized online business based near Burgess Hill, Sussex, £15-17 per hour doe, due to rural location your own transport is essential. Very much a stand-alone autonomous role supporting an office with 50 staff, varied duties to include:
- Creating and maintaining employee documentation including new contracts, new starter information, amendments to contracts, salary rises, annual leave, sick leave, health & safety
- Organising Maternity/Paternity Leave to ensure all required paperwork is completed, correct notice is given and relevant communication between employee and employer.
- Handling and maintaining confidential information as required.
- Working closely with the Directors regarding any Personnel/HR issues.
- Keeping PeopleHR up to date including approving overtime/holidays.
- Recruitment including liaising with Marketing regarding placing internal adverts.
- Working with Recruitment consultants where applicable.
- Dealing with applications, acknowledging receipt, arranging interviews, and sitting in on interviews with Managers.
- Following up on successful/unsuccessful applications.
- Offering out the role and liaising with successful applicants up to and including their point of employment.
- Covid - Keeping up to date with all the latest guidelines ensuring all forms are up to date, reacting to relevant Government announcements.
- Liaising with employees/payroll regarding Furlough.
- Disciplinary Issues - taking part in disciplinary meetings and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the correct protocol is followed & dismissing staff if applicable.
- Keeping up to date with staff birthdays arranging cards &/or gifts/flowers.
Opportunity for the role to evolve for the right person. Friendly, hands on company, relaxed culture, would suit a people person with flexibility to work in a small office, generalist HR background and strong organisational and admin skills. Must be able to commit to working Monday-Friday 9am-1pm, £15-17 per hour (£15600 - £17680) dependent on experience. Must have own transport as not close to public transport links. This is an office based role. Looking for a mid-end July start for a handover. Looking to interview first week in July.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.