Think Human Resources are pleased to be working with a St Albans based SME to recruit a part-time HR Manager on a permanent basis. Currently going through an exciting period of expansion and change, the role is very much a generalist position that will deal with all aspects of human resources and play an important part in the future plans of the business.
Working the equivalent of 3 days per week (flexible on preferred number of hours/days for the right candidate), we are seeking candidates with strong all-round HR experience who ideally have worked in a stand-alone role for a small to medium sized business. Salary is negotiable but likely to be the full-time equivalent of £35,000 to £40,000 + benefits.
Duties to include:
- Supporting the Senior Management Team in providing leadership, motivation, performance management, team development and training
- Providing strategic HR support as the company moves into its next period of growth
- Working closely with SMT on all operational recruitment and retention
- Onboarding and induction of all new starters
- Reviewing all HR related documents, policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with legislation, accreditations and industry standards
- Creation and implementation of any HR documents, policies and procedures
- Coaching managers on people issues and mediate workplace differences / disputes along with advising and supporting managers in relation to capability, disciplinary, grievance, termination and sickness issues
- Manage all Occupational Health requirements
- Responsible for all HR administration including the management of the HR System
- Providing support on internal and external training and development requirements
- Communicate actively with Finance and other departments as required, to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Ensure company compliance with Employment Law and Legislation
- Provide HR support to all employees
- Contribute actively to the achievement of the company's business objectives.
- CIPD level 5 or 7 desirable
- Experience in an HR Generalist role
- Experience of working as the sole HR practitioner within an organisation (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of current employment law, and best practice in HR management
- Outstanding communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- An understanding about the commitment involved in such an innovative fast-moving venture
- High integrity and openness, with a commitment to good governance
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- An obvious interest in business, commercially astute and articulate.
Think Human Resources is the HR division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independently owned recruitment business operating across the Herts, Beds, Bucks and Greater London area. The HR division is responsible for recruiting permanent, temporary and contract roles within the field of Human Resources including; HR Administrator, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Head of HR, Employee Relations, talent, internal recruitment, Compensation and Benefits/Reward and Recognition.