Part time HR Manager (3 days per week - 2 full days onsite and 2 half days working from home).
The information below covers the role requirements, expected candidate experience, and accompanying qualifications.
Our client is a leading boutique Investment Bank with offices based in the City. They work with a few selected markets making them experts in their chosen area. They have a new position available for a standalone HR Manger to support a team of circa 30 ambitious employees and contractors in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all UK HR matters. The HR Manager will work closely with counterparts in the European office to communicate strategic HR programmes and will be responsible for coordinating the UK talent retention, development and attraction as well as managing any employee relations issues and wellbeing programmes. The role will be in daily contact with the UK MD, Business Manager as well as other business heads for business.
- Lead UK HR operations to the business as it expands and deliver first-rate client service in managing employee relations including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy, resolving conflicts and providing coaching and guidance to all employees
- Benefits: Ensure an efficient and cost-effective benefits packages is in line with the market, the wider business and in the context of attracting and retaining talent
- Compensation: maintain a compensation framework, including benchmarking and monitoring internal equity on a total compensation basis
- Develop and implement initiatives that drive colleague engagement within the business and region and HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Work with business heads, as applicable, to ensure resourcing is aligned to the planned growth of the business. Guide and support where organisational change is required
- Support the business to resource effectively, working to recruit for potential and manage succession planning as necessary
- Manage third party recruitment vendors, fee negotiations, salary benchmarking and interviewing.
Policy and Compliance
- Human Resources Policy and Compliance: Ensure the implementation of HR policies that provide guidelines for management and self-management to all levels of the organisation whilst maintaining ethical practices as well as compliance within the UK. Keep up to date with changes to UK legislation
- HRIS review / recommendation. Maintain Bamboo HR, Talentsoft packages
- Create and coordinate the onboarding of all new UK employee and contractors and be the point of contact for management on benefits package
- Implement learning and development policy
- Improve and manage the new joiner and onboarding process
- Coordinate UK Payroll, pension, medical and benefits processing
Person Specification and Skills
- The successful candidate will have experience of working in a standalone HR Generalist role with a broad range of experience
- Recent experience working within Banking is essential to the success of this role
- A degree educated and ideally CIPD qualified.
- Ability to forge working relationships with senior management and influence decisions
- Strong organisational and communication skills required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application
- Past experience of change management
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, act with diplomacy and demonstrate a high standard of personal integrity
Apply by sending in your CV for immediate consideration.