My highly regarded client based in Wigton, are currently recruiting for a HR Manager to join them on a part time and permanent basis, working 30 hours per week.
Submit your CV and any additional required information after you have read this description by clicking on the application button.
In return, the successful candidate will benefit from a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience (pro rata), as well as an opportunity to make a real difference within a not for profit organisation.
Roles and responsibilities
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process ensuring it is fit for purpose an in line with best practise and legislation
- Support management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, TUPE and redundancy with support from our external HR provider
- To co-ordinate all sickness absence processes including alerting appropriate line managers when trigger points reached
- To contribute to the organisation’s commitment to positive employee engagement in HR and other related areas.
- Establish a strategy for mental wellbeing for the Organisation.
- Oversee and manage a performance framework that drives high performance
- To ensure that the organisation’s performance appraisal processes are effective and that they are followed by all staff and all line managers
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers, developing our offer within the resources available
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy
- To liaise with the Finance Manager and other appropriate staff on payroll and other HR related matters providing reports on data as required in a timely manner
- Develop and implement learning and development framework providing a range of HR training to key personnel throughout the organisation
- Established and maintains a repository for all learners to access training programs and materials.
- Manage talent and succession planning
- Seeks opportunity to gain funds through training of employees .
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Continuously monitor and review HR contracts, policies and processes to ensure they are accurate and up to date at all times and implement changes where necessary liaising with our HR consultants.
- You will ideally hold a Level 7 CIPD qualification, or be expected to hold a CIPD Level 5 accredited qualification (or achieve within 12 months)
- 2 years’ + experience in a similar HR and recruitment role
- Knowledge of Employee life cycle inclusive of ‘right to work’ checks and DBS processes and exit processes.
- Demonstrative experience of Learning & Development design and delivery
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superb communication honed in HR/ business advice/advisory roles
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- A passion and desire to help others
This role is immediately vacant, so please apply now for your chance to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!