Hours: 16-20 hours per week over 4/5 days
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 FTE (will be pro-rated to part time hours)
We are looking for a generalist HR Manager to support an SME and will provide full HR support at all levels of the business, from being able to provide strategic HR advice to transactional support.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide generalist HR support to the business, supporting managers where necessary on policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Coach and support managers with departmental restructures, and other employee relations cases liaising with 3rd parties where required.
- Reporting on key HR trends and statistics, recommending areas for further action as appropriate
- Manage the end to end recruitment process, agreeing terms of business, supporting hiring managers with interview scheduling, writing job descriptions, preparing interview questions, carrying out interviews acting as the challenge to important hiring decisions.
- Promote learning and development within the office; identifying training needs and sourcing training solutions as appropriate.
- Accountable for payroll and benefits administration via a central payroll service.
- Prepare employee documents, including offer letters, contracts of employment, variations to contracts, promotion/remuneration changes, employee relations, termination, and external reference requests, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for the completion of on-boarding and off-boarding processes for all employees, to include delivering induction training, preparing relevant contract documents, administering background checks, conducting exit interviews.
Candidates must have:
- Experience of hands-on working in a small team environment.
- A proven record of HR experience, demonstrating specific strengths in employee relations.
- A solid understanding of, and an interest in keeping up to date with employment legislation and its practical application.
- Ability to advise and influence management on all employee issues and quickly build relationships through excellent interpersonal skills
- Anticipate problems and suggest solutions, willing to tackle urgent tasks at short notice to meet deadlines.
- A professional and discrete operator with a high level of personal integrity and professional credibility
- Commercially astute.
- CIPD part/fully qualified or have the equivalent experience.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Lindsey Watson