Due to the continued success of this international business, we are looking for a CIPD qualified HR Manager to help develop and grow their team. The position will be working 1 day a week and the role is ideal for a 'hands on' HR professional who would enjoy working closely with the small UK team, as well as remotely with teams based in other countries. The successful candidate will take ownership of all HR functions, develop and execute plans, and have a genuine desire to see the impact new strategies will have on the team, and the business as a whole.
Key requirements of the HR Manager:
- Identifying areas of team development, and presenting plans for development in line with the company's vision and values
- Ensuring the company has the right rewards policies to motivate the team and individuals
- Maintaining the appraisal process and working with individuals to assist with their personal development plans
- Managing disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Maintaining company training records
- Assisting with recruitment tools and the recruitment process to strengthen the team
- Managing the new employee induction process
- Keeping the management team informed of HR legal policies and ensuring any gaps in the company's legal obligations are brought to attention
- Working with the Managing Director and management team to ensure a competitive salary and benefit structure is in place to motive the team.
Attributes and skills needed:
- A 'hands-on' generalist who is equally at home with the strategic picture as with the practical development and execution of plans
- Personal credibility and discretion
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Courageousness - standing up for what is right, not necessarily what is easy
- A creative approach to people development; an inquisitive character with an open mind
- Strong project planning and execution skills
- The capability to create and deliver engaging training sessions for the team using existing experience and knowledge, or by research and identifying external resources
- Flexibility to occasionally adjust working hours, depending on the needs of the business.
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment to provide you work-finding services. In providing this service to you, you consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database for up to three years and consent to us transferring your personal details to our clients. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.