You can get further details about the nature of this opening, and what is expected from applicants, by reading the below.
Our client, an SME in the industrial sector is looking to recruit their first part-time HR Manager for their organisation in Horsham, West Sussex. Reporting into the Managing Director this is a stand-alone role. The focus of this position will be to deliver people management strategies in support of the organisation's strategic aims. The role will have both a strategic and an operational focus, providing expert advice and support on all HR matters. The hours are 16 hours per week and the client is flexible about when they are worked.
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with senior management to prepare and implement HR strategy
- Design and work across HR projects (including H&S)
- Support managers and team leaders on all recruiting matters, with joint ownership of recruitment process from start to close.
- Advise managers and provide guidance on HR policy and procedures
- Keep up to date with UK employment legislation
- Manage investigations and employee relations issues including redundancy and grievance
- Develop the organisational culture
- Ownership of the company performance rewards system
- Ensure employee relation cases are managed to meet best practice requirements
- Develop and maintain HR policies
- Monitor and develop performance appraisal systems and career progression
- Monitor all employee records to include maternity, paternity requests, absence and sickness and provide regular reports to the senior management team
- Manage HR personnel files to ensure they are kept up-to-date
- Develop starter and leaver procedures.
- Gather and evaluate market data to measure the organisation's competitiveness for salary reviews, compensation, and benefits packages.
- Oversea payroll provider and collate payroll information
- Business partner for line managers to ensure their department objectives and goals are monitored
- Qualified CIPD member
- Proven HR generalist experience on both strategic and operational level
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of employment law
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience of recruitment and interviews at a senior level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional planning and project management skills and experience
In return, you will receive a salary of up to £50,000 (FTE), 28 days holidays plus bank holidays (to be pro rata for part-time), and a bonus. The above salary is dependent on experience.