A leading, private equity backed consultancy business based in the Preston area has a new opportunity for a Part Time In House Indirect Tax Manager. This is a remote working position so you can be based anywhere. Reporting into the Group FC, you will be responsible for ensuring tax compliance for the Group, working on various projects as required and ensuring the business pay their fair share of tax. This is a 3 day a week role.
Check out the role overview below If you are confident you have got the right skills and experience, apply today.
This is a leading, private equity backed consultancy business based in the Preston area. The business is known for offering supportive career paths with progression opportunities. The finance team have an excellent reputation.
There will be complete flexibility to work from home full-time.
The successful Part Time In House Tax Manager will be responsible for, but not restricted to:
- Taking control of Tax and ensuring the business pays their fair share of tax
- Liaising with external tax advisors on all tax related matters
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns in line with the partial exemption standard method
- Preparing quarterly QIPS calculations
- Completing year end alphapacks
- Reviewing final tax submission packs
- Design and delivery tax training to the business where required
- Optimising recovery of VAT under the current standard partial exemption method
- Ongoing project to approve a partial exemption special method with HMRC
- Advising on new business developments
- Managing any HMRC audits
- Ad hoc project work
The successful Part Time In House Indirect Tax Manager will be a:
* Qualified Tax Accountant, with good knowledge and experience of VAT
* Academically strong with a track record of achievement
* Highly engaged individual who wants to make a difference
* Strong technical mind set with a focus on compliance, but also the ability to think commercially
* Ability to effectively manage own workload to deliver against the accountabilities
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and manage external relationships with advisors and HMRC.
£50,000 - £60,000 (Full time Equivalent)
Part time 3 day working week
Complete remote working available