At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our art team on the weeklies art hub to start next chapter in your career. This role is a maternity cover, 3 days per week.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living, as well as successful weeklies. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Hearst publishes three weekly magazines – Real People, best and Inside Soap.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A layout whizz to produce thrilling, exciting layouts that convey the emotion, drama, fun, heartbreak and glamour of our weekly titles – Real People, best and Inside Soap. You’ll create amazing pages to tight deadlines and brand style, as well contribute creative ideas to make the magazines sizzle on the shelf.
• You’ll produce layouts to the standard set by the Art Director, liaising with them to gain approval for design at all stages .
• Support the Art Department and play a full role in shaping the future artistic development and direction of the magazines.
• Help ensure the look of all elements of the brands remains solid and consistent.
• An excellent working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• An unflappable multitasker who can jump from job to job at a moment’s notice.
• A knowledge and enjoyment of popular TV and celebrity culture is a definite advantage.
• To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
• You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including: