Compliance works to swiftly onboard new customers, and keeps us compliant with FCA regulations, ensuring that we are following best practices for due diligence and compliance monitoring.
This role will be responsible for swiftly processing customer onboarding, monitoring exception reporting, maintaining registers, and pro-actively requesting or building new reports as needed. The successful candidate will report into the MLRO and work closely with the Customer Operations team. This role is UK based only.
RoosterMoney is a pocket money & allowance tracking app that helps parents teach their kids the value of money in a digital age. Simple, progressive and gameful, we bring to life all the sound traditional financial principles we were brought up with (or wish we were!) and make managing money smart, fun & relevant for the modern world.
We believe the world would be a better place if we all talked about money a little earlier on in life. Research shows that our money habits are formed by the age of seven. That’s a pretty amazing opportunity to help give kids a head-start in building habits that will stick with them for life.
Our team are scattered across the UK and beyond, but communicate as if they are together on a daily basis. We operate a remote first culture, but make time to all get together every couple of months (when permitted).
Hundreds of thousands of families have downloaded the RoosterMoney app since our launch in January 2016 and we have over 51 currencies being used by children around the world.
RoosterMoney has been featured in The Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Wall Street Journal, New Zealand Herald to name a few. We’ve been on CNBC and are considered experts in our field.
Alongside our app, we’ve launched the Rooster Card in the UK, a prepaid Visa card for kids with parental controls. This product has been designed with our users in mind, and presents lots of exciting new opportunities for both the product and customer operations teams. We are scaling rapidly which offers lots of scope to grow for anyone joining the company.
You will operate with a high level of autonomy as a key player within the compliance team. You are passionate about helping families teach children the value of money and excited about working on a global platform with a big social mission.
You will be a strong problem solver, organised, and great at communicating with others. We look for T-shaped people who have a core set of skills they can bring to the team and the ability to build on new ones. Whatever the problem or opportunity, you find the best solution in the quickest amount of time.
You will take the overall responsibility to manage and resolve day to day queries arising from new customer KYC (on-boarding and screening) and transaction monitoring and exception reports. The position reports directly to the MLRO and will work closely with Customer service and Back Office operations.
- Ensure that appropriate KYC customer on-boarding procedures are in operation in furtherance of the business AML programme.
- Monitor and approve KYC exceptions and additional requirements. This will include PEP additional due diligence and sanctions screening exceptions.
- Ensure that all transaction monitoring reports are reviewed daily and any queries arising are resolved and / or escalated to the MLRO as appropriate. Liaison with Customer Service and Back Office operations.
- Detailed review of customer accounts as required / identified by exception reporting.
- Ongoing review of transaction monitoring reports, and input to creating / amending reports as required.
- Responsible for the timely completion of internal AML reporting including completion of periodic statistical reports.
- Responsibility for compliance reporting to sponsor bank and annual FCA.
- Maintaining compliance registers
- Raising of internal and external SARS as necessary in conjunction with the business MLRO.
- Work closely with a small group of determined, like-minded people to reshape the way families talk and engage with money around the world.
- Ensure that we operate in the most secure and safest environment for our trusted customers
You will have
- Minimum of 18 months previous experience in a similar AML / CTF analyst function role
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of AML processes and procedures
- Experience of working with Customer Service and Back Office functions in the business.
- An interest in educational resources for children is a plus.
- This is a part time permanent role, between 10-20 hours per week, ideally 2-3 hours per weekday morning.
- Remote UK working with some flexibility in hours (although mornings are preferred)
- Work with a fun, passionate team building something awesome
- Regular team get-togethers and social events in the London and Bristol areas
- Competitive salary