Part Time Office Manager working for an excellent start up business based in Birmingham near the city centre.
This role will come with flexible working hours to suit you.
My client is an award winning start up electronics start up business that is looking for an established Part Time Office Manager to join their growing team based in Birmingham.
- Use a range of software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office
- Extensive diary management of CEO and directors
- develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
- record office expenditure and manage the budget
- organise the office layout and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- organise and chair meetings with staff - in lower-paid roles this may include typing the agenda and taking minutes, but senior managers usually have an administrative assistant to do this
- oversee the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction
- ensure adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies
- carry out staff appraisals, manage performance and discipline staff
- delegate work to staff and manage their workload and output
- promote staff development and training
- implement and promote equality and diversity policy
- write reports for senior management and deliver presentations
- respond to customer enquiries and complaints
- review and update health and safety policies and ensure they're observed
- check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies
- manage social media for your organisation.
- excellent organisational and time-management skills
- knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and other commonly-used office packages
- strong IT and typing skills
- the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- good team working skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team
- the ability to manage your workload and supervise others concurrently
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to converse at senior and Board level
- negotiation and relationship-building skills
- attention to detail
- flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- a problem-solving approach to work
- project-management skills
- a familiarity with legislation in the areas of employment, equality and diversity, and data protection - this is useful, but not essential.
- Part Time hours 22-25 flexible to suit you
- Free car parking
- Negotiable salary dependant upon experience
- Progression opportunities
- Part Time Office Manager based in Birmingham