Part-time Office Manager – Spider is advertising on behalf of a company that provides high-quality social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community.
They are a leading social enterprise that is highly regarded by their customers for providing social care support with a difference. They exist to support people with social care needs to lead the life they choose.
They are delighted to advertise this vacancy for the role of Part-time Office Manager. This is a newly created role within the Head Office team, where you’ll be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of a strong team of qualified professionals delivering excellent back-office support to the organisation across Finance, ICT, Human Resources, H&S, and Property.
- An opportunity to contribute to making a real difference
- Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training
- Holiday package, increasing with service
- Competitive salary
Working closely with the Managing Director and the 5 business line Directors of Operations, your role will be to coordinate delivery of quality back-office functions. You’ll act as a visible leader, understanding the day-to-day challenges of providing services to customers. This role requires a general manager who can coordinate a competent, diverse team of qualified professionals.
Accountabilities of the role:
- Ensure access to financial advice and information for the MD, Board, and Directors of Operations
- Oversee and coordinate the Company’s medium-term and annual budget planning, providing advice to colleagues and Board members
- Responsible for overseeing the financial accounting, management accounting, forecasting, budgeting, any tax implications of proposals, periodic regulatory reporting, and control systems
- Plan and oversee the company’s tax liabilities working closely with the company’s auditors
- Oversee and coordinate the operations of the Finance team, ensuring the development and maintenance of appropriate accounting systems, controls and records, ensuring compliance with statutory and related accounting and tax regulations and requirements
- Project manage the company’s new digital strategy working closely with our outsourced ICT provider, MD, Board and Directors of Operations
- Provide leadership guidance and coaching support to the HR Manager responsible for the people strategy
- Provide leadership guidance and coaching support to the Property Adviser responsible for managing and growing the company’s property portfolio
- Provide leadership guidance and coaching support to the H&S Adviser responsible for H&S compliance across the organisation
Working in social care, we know that no two days are the same, but every day counts.
What you need:
- A track record of general management experience at a senior level, ideally within a social care setting
- Sound knowledge of financial, ICT and HR processes and policies within an SME environment
- Graduate calibre, ideally AAT Level 4 qualified
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Business and commercial acumen
- IT Literate
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven experience in delivering results and effective decision making
- Approachable, with excellent coaching skills
Please note due to the nature of this role, all new appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS with Children and Vulnerable Adults’ Barred List checks, along with all other pre-employment checks in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines.
If you have all the relevant skills and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: support, office manager, administrator, admin manager, part time office manager, administration, customer service
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.