My client, an International Trading Company have an exciting Part Time opportunity to manage the Facilities accounting, ensuring re-charging is accurate and analysis of accounts against budget can be carried out.
- Manage and account for all property related costs expended (rent, rates, utilities, building insurance, service charge).
- Ensure that fixed service fees are paid and accounted for accurately
- Ensure that additional chargeable works are verified and processed for payment
- Check and approve payments up to defined delegated authority limit
- Check and prepare payments for approval above delegated authority limit
- Liaise with Account department to clarify queries
- Prepare and invoice group companies and other parties any recharges due with a detailed backup schedule to clarify such costs on a quarterly or annual basis as required.
- Manage and account for all facilities related fixed assets and ensure asset management system is maintain.
- Ensure that asset depreciation accounting is managed and maintained
- Manage asset disposal procedure
- Prepare reports as required
- Prepare facilities budget for departments and other relevant group entities as required. Provide relevant back up information for explanation.
- Liaise with Accounts department on format and required back-up information that is required to present budget information.
- Provide cash flow forecast and advise for group companies with relevant the back-up information
- Prepare departmental budget
- Prepare for annual audit as required and prepare to respond to auditors queries
- Comply with internal regulations and guidelines.
- Adhere to normal market practices and to ensure total compliance with all relevant national and international rules and laws.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive experience in accounting processes, procedures and bookkeeping.
- Self-manages and uses initiative to plan and prioritise work activities with good organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to positively build and manage relationships throughout the business.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, together with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Established track record in the fundamental analysis of cost management.
- Broad understanding of facilities related activities, including cost allocation to appropriate cost centres.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications especially Excel to intermediate/advanced level.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting systems (SAP).
- Familiar with asset management systems such as RAM
- Flexible and positive attitude with the ability undertake any other reasonable work request.
- Experience of facilities management accounting
- Willingness to undertake travel within UK and overseas
- Knowledge of document management systems and workflows