The full job description covers all associated skills, previous experience, and any qualifications that applicants are expected to have.
UK Finance Manager, Remote based with some office-based work in North Wiltshire
Part time role on a 1-year fixed term contract basis
I am delighted to be partnering with a fast-growing international manufacturing group who are recruiting for a brand-new position on a part time (50%) 1-year fixed term contract basis.
This role is to work from home initially with a view to being in their North Wiltshire offices 1-2 days per week from March 2022. The hours are flexible so suit but will be for an average of 2.5 days per week.
We’re seeking an experienced Finance Manager who can take responsibility for the UK finances of a manufacturing business which forms part of a global group. The role will report to the CFO and manage the Assistant Account in ensuring the UK finances are well managed to encompass timely and accurate delivery of the monthly accounts, forecasting, budgeting, implementation of controls and ensuring compliance with all legal and statutory regulations.
· Accountable for:
o the timely and accurate preparation of the management accounts and monthly routines
o the timely upload of the financial results into Sage X3 and BCP
o delivering robust cash flow and working capital forecasts
o accurate stock records
o delivery of tax submissions in accordance with local legislation
o the annual budget submission
o supporting internal and external audits
o driving compliance of MI and group policies
o ensuring the business has appropriate business insurance in place
· Build collaborative relationships across the business to fully exploit the business partnering opportunity
· Manage accurate standard costing records in Sage X3
· Provide analysis and information to support financial decision making as required
· Deliver insightful information on a consistent and standardized basis to enhance commercial decision making
· Support the transfer of relevant accounting activities to their European facility
· Drive value by supporting, challenging, and providing improvement recommendations through the provision of in-depth analysis and insights
· Assist in setting key metrics to drive focus on profitability using relevant parameters that staff understand
· Observe and recommend improvements to the operational practices, procedures and rigor
· Drive and track cost saving initiatives
· Gatekeeper and financially support investment appraisal requests, ensuring the information provided is clear, realistic and as accurate as possible.
· Direct line management for the Assistant Accountant.
The Finance Manager will business partner with local leaders to identify and drive value in all areas of the business and as such strong communication and business partnering skills are key. We are seeking a robust character who has a breadth of experience and who can confidently delivery the UK accounts.
We’re seeking a qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position and ideally have worked in a manufacturing / products environment. Candidates should be available at short notice and able to commit to the contract term which does offer a bonus upon completion.
In addition, we are seeking someone with leadership experience and first-rate IT Skills with a continuous improvement mindset and a proactive, can do approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a driven and personable CFO and would suit an experienced qualified Finance Manager seeking a part time opportunity to work from home for the next 6 months and thereafter with some travel to their North Wiltshire offices.
Please apply for immediate consideration!