Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Travelers is looking for a Part Time User Experience Specialist to partner with product management, engineering, business stakeholders and other functions to develop strategies and solutions that enhance experiences for users of digital products. In this role you will assist in discovering new and valuable insights and distilling them into actionable observations partnering with software engineering to implement.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised – these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Utilise the most appropriate tools and methodologies to explore problems and deliver work products through established processes.
- Advocate human-centred focus by backing thinking up through available data and research.
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional product teams, soliciting feedback and capable of independently prioritizing and applying.
- Interpret and follows experience and product strategy.
- Analyse and design user experience solutions for products and service lines using judgment within established design principles and in accordance with design strategy, accessibility standards, best practices, and guidelines.
- Test and gather user experience usability data in accordance with established research plans and specifications and analyse, describe, and report results to design stakeholders.
- Assess, develop and implement portions of user experience design plans, changes, specifications, and reusable design elements for new and existing products
- Participate as a member of several cross-functional teams working in partnership with software engineering to develop holistic, high-quality user experience solutions for low to moderately-complex projects, products, and services
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and outsourced development partners on user experience design and development.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Bachelors or equivalent
- Boot camp
- Basic or working knowledge across with some application in 1 or more areas:
– User research
– Information architecture
– Interaction design
– Visual design
– Content design (strategy, writing, editing for UI/interaction)
– Information design
– Service design
– Human-centred design
software engineering / front end development
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.