Part Time WordPress Developer / Designer - Winchfield, Hampshire
£35,000 - £38,000 per annum pro rata - 6-month contract
This is a part time role on a 6-month contract; however, in time it has the potential to become a full time permanent role
- Do you have experience of creating responsive WordPress themes from scratch?
- Do you have a great eye for detail and the ability to produce pixel-perfect sites that match the designs?
- Would you be interested in a 6-month part time contact initially; with the potential to become a full-time permanent role?
About our Client
Our client is a growing creative agency who not only cover digital but brand and packaging too, working on global consumer brands and B2B in equal measure, so the work going through their studio is certainly varied! They are recruiting for an experienced WordPress Developer / Designer to join their growing team.
The successful applicant will carry out the following duties:
- The role will see you designing (with support), developing and maintaining client’s websites
- They specialise in WordPress and eCommerce (WooComms). Creating bespoke functionality, along with the usual Front End Development
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Experience of creating responsive WordPress themes from scratch
- Experience of working with custom post types and custom fields
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and mobile responsiveness
- Solid HTML, PHP & CSS skills
- Understanding of database management and migration (such as MySQL)
- Experience of creating editable HTML Emailers (using Campaign Monitor or Mailchimp)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently
- Experience of setting up and managing hosting environments
- Experience of working with version control systems (Git/BitBucket)
- Experience of working with css preprocessors (Sass)
- Experience of working with task runners (Grunt)
- Understanding of managing WordPress via the command line (WP-CLI)
You must be able to commute to Winchfield (mainline station); a driving licence is preferable.
The Successful Candidate
The role will see you designing (with support), developing and maintaining client’s websites. You will be working closely with the Creative Director to bring design work to life online - your creative ideas and input will also be very important to the role. A great eye for detail and the ability to produce pixel-perfect sites that match the designs is a must.
What’s on Offer
- 23 days holiday allowance plus your Birthday off
- Holiday allowance increases by one day annually after 2 years of service
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Skills support: Access to training when you want or need it. Grow with the Agency!
- Early finish on a Friday
- Regular staff socials
Job Number: VR/02894
Not for youbut you know someone suitable? Bluetree offers a referral fee.
Bluetree Recruits Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Bluetree Recruits is an Equal Opportunities Employer.