As a Barclays Senior Payment Investigations Analyst you will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payment investigation and data requests within agreed deadlines, dealing with referrals and escalations into team mailbox. You will be working within Global Payments which is a utility service providing payments processing, monitoring, analysis and investigation services across the Barclays groups.
What will you be doing?
• Providing operational support for investigations and data processes across multiple products, payment platforms, currencies, payment schemes and client groups
• Delivering productivity through the continuous improvement and technical development of all areas of the team
• Operating as primary source of expertise and reference for complex and technical queries, as well as issues from operatives in relation to processing
• Maintaining customer privacy at all times, for the rapid resolution of queries as well as processing issues
• Producing management reports on the team and centre performance
• Providing support for product/work stream
• Confirming compliance with existing work practices, snap checking and challenging inappropriate or insufficient control and identifying areas for improvement
• Managing Audit actions on behalf of Operations Manager and Senior Team Leaders
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in a fast paced and high risk operational / Customer Services area
• Experience in a complex analytical role, often reviewing extensive amounts of data to implement a solution
• Detailed knowledge of risk requirements, tools, practices and procedures applicable to relevant policies and processes
• Knowledge of Money Laundering processes and procedures
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Have strong interpersonal skills – listening, verbal, written communication, as well as presentation skills with strong problem solving and analytical ability
• Strong PC skills and ability to work under pressure autonomously and meet challenging deadlines
• Significant experience in financial or accountancy environment, including complex problem resolution working under own initiative
• Proven experience in an Operational and Audit environment
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.