Reporting to the HR Manager - UK, IE & US, the Pension & Benefits Specialist will support the local country HR Operations Team in the management of the pension and employee benefits schemes, including flexible benefits, within the remit of UK, IE and USA.
The role holder will be the subject matter expert on the relevant pension and benefits schemes. The role is responsible for the data management of the company’s flexible benefits, alongside liaising with third party providers.
This role will play an integral role in the review of local benefits, implementation of changes, review of processes and introduction of new benefits.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Colt’s pensions and flexible benefits schemes in the relevant countries.
- An expert in benefits legislation and best practice, ensuring Colt’s compliance
- SME for internal projects where benefits and pensions experience and expertise is required
- Manage and administer the pensions and benefits schemes, in conjunction with 3rd party suppliers; with scope for more countries to be included.
- Responsible for all weekly, monthly and annual activities including: the weekly HRIS file for WTW, monthly pensionable salary calculations/checks, exceptions management, renewals, leading UAT of system changes (including the design of test scripts), enrolments, auditing, reporting and reconciliation
- Collate and analyse data, supporting with all reconciliations
- Drive continuous improvement in pension and benefits processes, ensuring that all processes are fully documented, regularly reviewed and thoroughly embedded with payroll, local HR and reward teams
- Ongoing update of relevant process documentation for the operation of the pension and benefit schemes manage
- Address queries of candidates, employees, ex-employees and employee representatives relating to local benefits, as required
- Perform root cause analysis for identified errors and recommend practical and effective solutions
- Vendor management
- Preparation of all UK benefit P11D data
- Drive employee engagement and end-to-end user experience of all benefits, including the management of benefit fairs
Skills and Experience:
- Forensic attention to detail and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated pension, payroll and benefits experience in a comparable organisation in terms of complexity and employee size
- Strong knowledge of UK benefits and pension legislation and best practice
- Proven experience and strengths in data management, reporting, auditing and reconciliation
- Advanced level command of Microsoft Excel
- Strong stakeholder engagement and project management experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to translate complex rules, requirements and instructions in to simple guides and flow charts
- Logical approach to complex tasks
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to analyse multiple sources of complex data and simplify for all stakeholder groups
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring