This is a great opportunity to join the management team of Workplace and Secretarial Services (W&SS) in the Manchester office as well as been part of a wider UK function. Leading the people elements of a growing support team made up of over 100 onsite and virtual individuals, reporting directly to the W&SS Regional Leader as a key part of the Manchester team. Responsible for people management, resourcing, driving forward technology changes and stakeholder engagement, you will lead developing the services and quality of the teams in partnership with the local business and in line with the firm’s strategy.
About the role
Leadership/ People Management
Working to develop and prioritise the people strategy applying new and changing technologies to ensure as a function we stay relevant and are future ready.
Drive quality through processes/interventions to recruit, develop and retain key talent in the region.
Drive engagement through activities and behaviours to encourage great team spirit and morale.
Create a culture of trust and openness through the sensitive and confidential handling of any employee relations issues.
Lead performance management and salary review cycle for the team in partnership with the W&SS Regional Leader to ensure fairness and consistency and take ownership for decisions made regarding rating and salary.
Invest in understanding the roles and skills of each member of your team and make time for each of them as individuals.
Coaching and creating an environment of continued professional development across the team.
Building up trusted relationships with key stakeholders in the region to monitor the effectiveness of the team and to understand any potential changes that may impact resource requirements.
Work in close partnership with business leaders through periods of transformation, ensuring that key stakeholders and team members are engaged with and understand change drivers.
Build a strong understanding of the overall business and key priorities of the firm and the region.
Participate in wider Internal Firm Services Projects and Programmes.
Effective management and monitoring of the regions budget for support services.
Ensure effective management of resourcing across the Region using the skills of the Team Leaders (where they exist) to handle administration of operational resourcing issues – e.g. cover/holidays and absence management.
Ensure that all staff are fully up to date with all relevant policies and procedures and technology changes in order to be able to deliver outstanding client experience.
Requirements/attributes for the role
- People Management experience with some knowledge of HR implications in managing teams.
- Coaching and development experience of individuals and teams.
- Strong influencing and communication skills and ability to build credible relationships with a broad range of stakeholders in sometimes challenging situations.
- Interest and understanding of emerging technology and ability to influence behavioural change in the adoption and use of these.
- Commercial with a strong customer service mindset combined with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Must be flexible and adaptable and willing to undertake additional management responsibilities as directed by the Leader.
- Team player who can work across both elements of Workplace and Secretarial Services.