About PwC Operate
PwC’s Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime, Compliance Testing and Customer Management. We have approximately 1,200 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
PwC’s Operate is seeking a Platform Implementation Lead to join our rapidly growing Technology team based in Belfast. Our Technology team is dedicated to researching, developing, testing, implementing and supporting innovative technology solutions for the wider PwC organisation and its clients and stakeholders.
As the Platform Implementation Lead, you will be responsible for leading the implementation of new platforms into PwC’s Operate infrastructure, liaising with internal and vendor teams to ensure a smooth implementation and satisfying all requirements laid out in initial project scoping exercises. You will be working within a small Agile project delivery team alongside Developers, Scrum Masters, Technical Architects, Quality Assurance Managers and Security Consultants and will have access to a dedicated Agile Coach.
The types of platforms you’ll be working with will be typically SaaS or cloud hosted with browser based interfaces to support complex activities in financial crime, regulatory compliance and customer lifecycle management. They will require a mix of technical excellence as well as developing subject matter expertise in order to drive the product roadmap, delivering value to your stakeholders quickly.
You will own the product vision and drive the roadmap of enhancements from initial concept through to development and release, continuously gathering feedback from key Operate stakeholders and users and translating this into user stories to further improve the platform.
- Understanding our clients’ business needs and developing solutions to meet these needs and solve complex problems
- Work with clients to gather requirements and translate these into product backlog items
- Liaising with external vendors to procure products and data which can be incorporated into the platforms to enhance our offering
- Awareness of security principles
- Onboarding platforms; ensuring we are in a position to install and configure applications according to client's requirements
This role will need someone who is technically minded, innovative and has a good understanding of business requirements gathering. An analytical thinker capable of decision making when under pressure; you will be well organised with a technical bias.
This role may suit candidates with experience in a wide variety of technical roles including; Support Managers, Software Testing, Business Analyst, Product Owner, Software Development, Implementation engineer and more.
- A relevant technology/business degree and relevant experience in a technical discipline or extensive relevant experience
- Experience of gathering and refining business and technical requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all business levels
- Ability to view and identify problems and represent these internally from a client’s perspective
- Experience tailoring product demonstrations to various audiences including client executives
- Previous working experience in an Agile product development environment
- Formal project management qualification such as Agile, Prince2 etc
- DevOps / Security experience/knowledge
- Business Analysis exposure including some techniques used for gathering and refining requirements
- Exposure to client contracts and vendor/supplier contracts
- Experience using backlog management software and prioritising a backlog in line with strategic goals and product vision
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and Know Your Customer (KYC) or Client Lifecycle Management (CLM)
- Legal or Contractual awareness
- Cloud Providers (GCP / Azure / AWS)
The role is Belfast based but may require occasional travel to client or vendor site
This unique opportunity is in a highly accessible location, only a short walk from Lanyon Place train station. PwC are also excited to be moving to our brand new purpose built office, Merchant Square, in Belfast City Centre around June 2020. This office will have state of the art technology facilities and innovative working spaces to encourage creativity and collaboration. Occasional travel to PwC regional offices or client site may be required in this role.