Summary and Purpose
Using a good understanding of the underlying platform functionality, Client feedback and identified requirements as well as the Company’s plans for future iterations, work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative design solutions for the platform as it develops and evolves.
Work with other teams in the business making best use of broader design skills and experience such as written and digital communications
· Collaborating with Business Analysts/Head of Customer Experience to validate business requirements and ensure a full understanding of what any solution must support.
· Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
· Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, buttons and tabs.
· Develop wireframe solutions for various audiences to help illustrate new functional solutions, including:
o senior management,
· Developing a technical understanding of the underlying Platform functionality such that future solution designs can build on and re-use existing structures and conventions.
· Develop a design library of components that can easily be re-used.
· Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
· Define and adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
· When requested, involvement in the preparation of:
o Graphics required by other teams within the Whitespace organisation for the purposes of marketing and communication.
o Design work for other Whitespace or customer specific interfaces on a project basis.
o Collaborating on designs for the iOS application to ensure consistency between the iOS App and the Browser implementations.
Compliance & Training:
· Adhere to all company & regulatory policies and procedures as instructed
· Carry out all training provided to deadlines prescribed
· Work with compliance on IT relevant areas such as Data Security and Financial Crime
· Execute the responsibilities of a company employee acting in a lawful and ethical manner in accordance with your contract of employment and company staff handbook
· Work with department manager for own professional development, including performance appraisal and identifying and meeting training needs in order to ensure competence and compliance with current regulations
· 2 to 3 years prior experience in a similar role · Portfolio of design projects · Experience in using design software such as Adobe XD
Education / Training / Qualifications required
· Degree desirable but not essential
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes required
· Knowledge of UX principles
· Strong design sense
· Ability to develop innovative solutions that are user friendly from both a visual and a user interaction perspective.
· Attention to detail is key, as is the ability to work collaboratively
· Self starter
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent listening, negotiating and presentation skills
· Understanding of Stakeholder management
· Understanding of client needs and ability to react to those
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Solid experience with MS Office
· Willingness to learn and be agile in a fast-paced environment
· Experience of working in a team of programmers and support analysts
· Ability to operate collaboratively and iteratively with colleagues is essential
· Ability to listen and retain new information quickly to disseminate to relevant internal stakeholders
· Entry level understanding of the global Insurance Industry
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes desirable
· Understanding of insurance acronyms and terminology
· Broad understanding of the London Insurance Market
· An interest in technological advances in Insuretech