Managed by 2to3days
For various reasons our clients need this role to remain confidential for the time being. So we have agreed that we will collate all of the applications and pass them onto them. We are not getting involved in the selection process.
Our client's business
They are a fast growing wealth management business whose clients sit at the centre of everything they do. Their people are valued and their culture encourages individuals to generate, develop and implement ideas which will strengthen our business. Professionalism, respect and integrity are core values. As their brand recognition grows, they are fast becoming an employer of choice in their sector. They have over £10 billion in funds under management and over 300 staff.
The purpose of the Portfolio Risk team is to ensure that client portfolios are being managed in accordance with a suitable mandate, agreed with the client(s), and in accordance with our investment philosophy. This means ensuring that portfolios are constructed and managed in order to serve the clients’ best interests, within our investment guidelines. The aim is to protect our clients from poor outcomes, to protect the Firm from complaints relating to the suitability of client portfolios and, as a result, enhance and protect the reputation of the firm.
The Portfolio Risk Team work in conjunction with the Investment Risk Committee to set the Portfolio Risk Policies and Procedures and the Portfolio Risk Monitoring Plan (PRMP), which include aspects such as asset allocation, concentration limits, performance monitoring, file reviews, and Investment Policy Statements.
The Portfolio Risk Manager will provide management of the Portfolio Risk team, taking responsibility for the development of Portfolio Risk policies and procedures.
- Overseeing and contributing to the execution of the Portfolio Risk Monitoring Plan ("PRMP"), including:
- Performance monitoring;
- Asset allocation monitoring;
- Investment selection monitoring; and
- File reviews;
- Identifying and following up on actions that arise as a result of the PRMP and presenting findings and recommendations to the Investment Risk Committee;
- Reviewing and analysing Management Information reports in order to make recommendations to senior managers and Investment Managers on the improvement of practices;
- May be asked to lead Investment Manager meetings/presentations;
- Reviewing and following up on more serious investment guideline breaches with Investment Managers and assessing and challenging their responses where appropriate;
- Primary contact for Investment Managers for ad hoc and non-standard/complex queries relating to Portfolio Risk;
- Acting as subject matter expert on all key Portfolio Risk metrics and practices, including performance, benchmark and statistical data;
- Proactively working with Investment Managers and senior managers to identify areas of expansion/improvement in keeping with industry best practice;
- Designing and developing Portfolio Risk policies and procedures and monitoring tools;
- Designing and delivering structured training on Portfolio Risk matters;
- May be expected to liaise with Group risk and compliance colleagues to ensure alignment of practices with the Group, where appropriate;
- Leading projects aimed at enhancing the team's analysis and improving efficiencies;
What they are looking for:
- Experience in a similar role within a wealth management firm;
- Quantitative/analytical background, including good knowledge of statistics, logic and problem solving skills;
- Ability to analyse portfolios risk positions and attribute performance to key risk factors;
- An excellent understanding of FCA suitability requirements as relates to private client portfolio management; and of the key risks of a broad range of product groups;
- Very comprehensive knowledge/understanding of our range of services and associated risks;
- An ability to manage and deliver on a range of Portfolio Risk Management projects;
- Attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy of information;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Advanced Excel skills are essential; VBA an advantage;
- Prior use of Factset and Figaro would be beneficial.