Job Title: PR Manager
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Location: London (may be required to travel and work at other Go Ape and promotional sites).
- Holiday Entitlement: 25 days per annum
- Discretionary End of Year Bonus
- Childcare Vouchers: This is a tax-free scheme to assist with childcare costs
- Retail Discounts: We have many discounts arranged with outdoor retailers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Personal Development Fund
- Adventure Fund
Summary of main purpose of the job
To manage and lead on PR decisions for the brand, supported by the Head of Marketing. To deliver, drive and support PR inhouse as well as working with, and managing agencies to promote the brand and grow brand reach on a national level in accordance with national strategy. Supporting site managers with their local PR plan. Develop existing partnerships and actively seek new opportunities.
Main Duties/ responsibilities
- Manage and develop the external PR and influencer marketing agencies in line with the national strategy and budget in order to increase positive brand awareness and reach
- Create and implement a PR communication plan for the entire business
- Through effective PR build Go Ape’s reputation and ensure effective media coverage
- Create content, opportunities and direction for press releases and articles
- Forge relationships with journalists and key influencers
- Approve and proof all press materials before circulation to ensure the brand vision and values are expressed consistently
- Supporting site launches, new products and campaign stories with national level coverage to help grow the business
- Monitor, analyse and report on PR and partnerships results on a monthly, campaign and annual basis.
- Manage the PR budget, including crisis comms
- Support local sites with their PR strategy alongside the local marketing manager and be the direct point of contact for
PR within Go Ape
- Continue to expand partnerships in line with set targets and budgets in order to extend our reach into new and existing demographic segments
- Target and develop relationships with other likeminded brands and partners, with fully integrated campaigns that are mutually beneficial
- To review Google Analytics data to assess success of online initiatives in driving traffic to the website, and/or social accounts
- Analyse and action results to improve performance, and feed performance results into the monthly reports for the management team
- Input into cross-functional activity as required e.g. business development, site operations and US operations
- Input into the department strategy in all areas, producing historical analysis as required
- To actively protect the Brand Guidelines, advise all parties in the use of them and to act as guardian when liaising with third parties to ensure they are adopted and utilised correctly, including the US.
- To build strong internal interdepartmental relationships between Marketing, Operations, Finance, Events and Business Development
- You’re an experienced professional with previous relationship management experience in PR, Partnerships or account management.
- A great communicator, you love to build relationships quickly and effectively.
- You have a good understanding of marketing online and offline.
- Extensive knowledge of public relations strategies and protocols
- Familiarity with digital marketing analysis tools
- Advanced social media marketing skills
- Proven track record of measurable successes in the field
- Willingness to stay on top of the latest marketing trends and developments
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Creative and inquisitive. You love to develop relationships and expand commercial opportunities.
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Good understanding of Digital Marketing
- Multi-tasker – working on multiple projects with different teams within the company
- Good understanding of customer profile, product and competitors
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- A good fit for our company culture, team working and Living Life Adventurously!
- Use of Kantar/Gorkhana (or other clippings service), Google analytics and other relevant reporting systems
- Brand and commercial awareness
- Excellent planning and reporting skills
Key contacts and relationships
- Customers Key stakeholders (landlords/landowners)
- Operations Management
- Area Managers
- Site Managers
- Site teams
- Marketing team members including Digital Marketing
- Sales & Events Team
- Keeping the adventure in adventure
- Encouraging 'I can't' to be 'I can'
- Always seeking to be two steps better
- Zero risk equals zero development
- To challenge, surprise and excite
- Build in customer delight
- Be socially and environmentally responsible
- Create worthwhile, rewarding jobs
- Do the right thing
- To be the best Adventure company on the planet - where you can be home in time for tea
- Creating adventures, encouraging everyone to live life adventurously