Principal Management Consultant (Asset Management)
We are currently looking for a principal management consultant to join our Business Transformation team to grow our asset management capabilities with a focus on the rail sector.
All office locations will be considered as long as you are willing to travel and stay away mid-week as required based on client and project needs.
Key Duties Include:
- act as a stream resource on asset management projects
- create powerful and compelling propositions and services, proactively to fulfil sector and client needs
- independent management of project work streams, from solution design and activity planning to successful delivery and knowledge capture
- people development and team management
- support the ‘on-project’ development of team members’ skills and capabilities towards their career goals
- leading internal team building activities and contributing to proposition development
- identify and communicate sell-on opportunities
Additionally, you can expect to work on a variety programmes that cover the following value propositions offered in our Asset Management service line:
- whole life cost optimisation, improving investment decision-making through asset base prioritisation
- operational efficiency, reducing organisational spend by identifying operational efficiencies
- performance improvement, identifying and delivering value added transformation of processes and systems
- risk and resiliency, mitigating business risk through assurance and planning activities
- asset information and data, realising the full value of an asset base through information system implementation
- asset management transformation, increasing client maturity by embedding asset management capability and industry best practice
This opportunity sits within the growing and dynamic Business Advisory team, which is dedicated to enhancing clients’ performance through the development and delivery of asset strategy and plans, which align to corporate objectives, mitigate risk and are underpinned with robust information and technology solutions combined with behavioural change across a variety of sectors delivering service excellence within the asset management community of practice.
Our Business Advisory team delivers transformation programmes for clients across a wide range of sectors. The programmes vary widely – covering operations and maintenance, strategy and planning, risk and resilience – but all have one thing in common. They are invariably connected with the impact of built assets on the performance of the organisation.
The team’s offer to the market is compelling – Arcadis present digitally enabled asset management services in combination with deep expertise in built assets. This distinctive position creates unique career opportunities. Consultants who want to develop a specialism in built assets can do this with the leading firm in the market; asset management professionals find a setting where they can address the broader business impacts of built asset projects beyond pure construction.
The team is recognised in the market for the quality of its people. Beyond expertise in one or more of our core consulting disciplines, you will need a strong intellect, the ability to articulate complex ideas persuasively to senior executives and a talent for showing clients that we have the right solutions to their most pressing issues.
Whether you come from a built asset or consulting background, you will join an entrepreneurial team that is growing fast. Ideally you will be a proven professional in the built asset environment coming from a large asset rich infrastructure organisation, with an understanding of what it takes to grow business and build relationships.
As well as bringing deep technical experience to the role, you will be a problem solving and output thinking individual who understands client’s business need and is able to deliver solutions.
You will also have the following:
- experience / content knowledge and demonstrable track record of delivering business change implementation projects in the Transportation sector – ideally rail
- content knowledge and practice of asset strategy & risk management
- construction knowledge, with the ability to be able to apply information management solutions in the context of complex construction projects
- operational experience, with strong appreciation of the value created in through the O&M phase of the asset lifecycle
- leadership of project work streams including management of consultants, analysts and client team members or comparable in an industry role
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches up to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us!