The Exciting Opportunity
If you’re an experienced Safety Risk Management (SRM) Consultant working in the rail sector and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our SRM Practice as a Principal Consultant and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Overview of Role:
As a member of our Strategic Environmental Consulting (SEC) team, you will be required to undertake and provide consultancy on Engineering Safety Management (ESM) associated with the design of mainline and metro railway schemes.
Whilst the successful applicant will work predominantly within the rail sector, opportunities to carry out Engineering Safety Management activities in other sectors may arise from time-to-time.
Who We are Looking For:
Within SEC we pride ourselves on our ability to provide Clients with Strategic Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Business Advice, which helps our Clients not only to manage risk, but to drive excellence in their EHS performance.
As such we seek individuals who combine: strong quantitative and analytical skills; deep technical knowledge; a sharp commercial focus; and, who are passionate about their work to advise our Clients on strategic business decisions. Our mission is to improve quality of life around the world, by creating places of distinction and providing sustainable solutions that enhance the built and natural environment. Our core values are:
- Integrity – We perform business in an honest, responsible way, working to the highest professional standards.
- Client Focus – We are entrepreneurial and agile, passionate about creating value for our Clients and achieving high performance.
- Collaboration – We believe in diversity, the power of teamwork and that by working as one we can deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Sustainability – We own the responsibility to sustain our world and society in a balanced way, central to health, safety and wellbeing of our people and all stakeholders, central to all we do.
As a member of the SEC Team you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client’s key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients and Arcadis operate.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge
- Safety Assurance
- Project Safety Management
- Engineering Safety Planning
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HAZOP/HAZID/FMECA)
- Detailed Safety Analysis
- Safety Risk Quantification
- Hazard Logs / Registers
- Identification of Safety-Critical Items
- Safety Cases / Justifications
- RAM (Reliability Availability Maintainability) - from top-level RAM Management and the development of RAM Plans to detailed RAM Analyses
- Systems Engineering – including Requirements Management and Verification & Validation activities
What You have to Offer:
You will have experience of the application of Engineering Safety Management knowledge and skills (as described above) in the rail sector in a number of environments including:
- Main Line railways
- Metro / underground railways
- Subsurface (‘section 12’) stations
- Tram routes
- Train tunnels
- Multi-modal transport hubs
- Major station areas with retail facilities
- Control centres
- Heavy train-maintenance facilities.
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit:www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Private Medical Insurance
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme