The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to their success. Together, they share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Then client provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of their culture.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the clients franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with their various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to the clients various businesses and its senior management team.
The Counterparty Portfolio Management (XVA) team is part of the Fixed Income Controllers Group.
The team's overall role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making. This encompasses daily revenue analysis, profitability and balance sheet reporting plus liquidity, funding & capital analysis. The team is also responsible for signing off the month end financial statements and presentation of these to firm management and external auditors/regulators.
The XVA desk manages the risk(s) that the client has with its counterparties in which it enters into derivative transactions with. This includes CVA, FVA and a suit of collateral VA's. This is a key role as this Business Unit forms an integral part of the Fixed Income trading division by managing the counterparty risk across all of Fixed Income trading desks.
This is an analytical & review role in the XVA product control team. The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables as well as a significant amount of ad hoc queries.
- Production: Review of the financial statement information produced in Mumbai and distribution of this information to the business unit and internal clients
- Control: Attesting to regulators and auditors on the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements
- Business Performance: Assisting with production of monthly business packs for desk heads
- Accounting: Assisting with accounting policy to address any accounting questions that arise from new trade bookings
- Client Relationship Management: Maintenance of internal client networks in the Business Unit and other divisions
- Balance Sheet, Liquidity & Funding: production / development of monthly reports
- Ad Hoc: Projects and Queries as raised by senior Finance and Business Unit management
- Knowledge of financial products - Fixed Income would be preferable
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules and central clearing.
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command in Excel and PowerPoint