Product Delivery Business Analyst
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The Product Delivery function is part of the Banks & Broker Dealer sector within Market & Securities Services. It sits in the centre of the teams for Product Managers, Product Users & Product Developer areas. The function ensures collaboration across the different teams where there are product deliverables to be made.
The role as Business Analyst is required to help define the scope of Industry, Regulatory, Product Enhancements and Client driven change across Custody Asset Servicing. A key part of the role will be to understand and deliver the business and functional requirements for prioritized changes and manage the change to completion, including holding workshops and walkthroughs, working with IT (including vendors) to ensure development and QA is completed and coordination of UAT and demos with our clients. The role will focus on the processing lifecycles for both mandatory & voluntary Corporate Actions within the UK Direct & Global Custody business lines of Securities Services. The focus of the role will be on the analysis requirements that are on the critical path for the upgrade of the incumbent Vendor platform to the latest version.
- Responsibilities will include the following duties. These may vary or change slightly according to the projects being managed:
- Perform business analysis to elicit requirements and create documentation such as Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirements Documents and Solution Design Documents for mandatory & voluntary Corporate Actions processing
- Hold discussions with internal teams such as Product, Operations, Control and IT teams as well as vendor teams where required to ensure changes are appropriately managed and supported throughout the lifecycle.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Participate in SIT test execution as required to ensure a robust quality assurance framework is applied from a business perspective.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Strong background & knowledge of all types of Corporate Actions - Mandatory & Voluntary
- Previous experience of implementing BaNCS Vendor platform within a Global Custodian (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor degree and 1-5 years of practical experience in business analyst roles
- Experience of working with internal IT teams as well as external vendors for system changes
- Experience in delivering complex business and IT system related changes and documenting business / functional requirements.
- Flexibility in approach, and the ability to show initiative and respond quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work to bring clarity to requirements by effectively engaging clients or partners.
- Strong documentation skills for functional specifications and / or presentations to clients
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver results to a high standard, escalating where support is required.
- Excellent 360 degree communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Positive 'can do' attitude in all aspects of performing job duties.
- Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development lifecycle in the context of system changes
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.