£28,644 - £33,260 plus competitive benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity and exciting times to work for a global leader in weather and climate change.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will work across a range of market leading products and services for the public and government. You will be up to speed on latest consumer and market trends and use insight to inform and define key product and marketing strategies.
You will manage the full marketing mix and will get the opportunity work on all marketing disciplines, such as business planning, product development, marketing communications, market and customer intelligence and pricing and proposition development.
If successful you will join our Marketing and Communication Team working with our public services and government business sectors. These business areas generate more than £170million per annum for the Met Office. The product portfolio is vast and includes data, broadcast and digital media, digital services (The Met Office website and app), as well as our services to government departments.
- Marketing planning: Develop marketing plans that include in year objectives and activities that are based on customer and market understanding as well as business priorities.
- Tactical implementation of marketing activities: Lead the implementation of marketing activities for specific sectors. Monitor and report on performance against plans to ensure business objectives are met.
- Product management: Work with the Met Office’s product team to manage a balanced product portfolio. Provide wider support in the development and delivery of products and services, ensuring they are valued and wanted by customers.
- Communications: Work with the Communications Team to write and implement communications plans to support marketing objectives and business development activities.
- Customer and market intelligence: gather and utilise in-depth customer, competitor, market and product information in order to create effective marketing plans.
- Establish and develop business relationships: build strong internal (and some external) relationships in order to co-ordinate a wide range of marketing activity.
- Pricing: Ensure products and services are priced appropriately.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Has a detailed knowledge and practical experience of the marketing planning process across the full marketing mix, both at a strategic and tactical level.
- Has experience building customer propositions and is able to develop and describe customer benefits of complex data or science services and translate these into Unique Selling Points for customers.
- Proven ability to use a range of market research and analytical skills tools for analysing and creating market, customer, stakeholder and competitor strategies.
- Strong communication planning and implementation skills including creating high quality content for campaigns across a number of channels, liaising with external agencies and internal suppliers and strong understanding of importance of maintaining MO brand.
- Can evidence wider aspects of products and service development, including pricing.
- Has demonstrable track-record of supporting the integration of marketing plans with associated sales, business or corporate plans.
- Good business awareness and the ability to understand customer challenges and needs.
- 2 years experience working in the marketing profession.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of Met Office capabilities and current products and services.
- Experience of the Communications planning process, channel selection and implementing communication plans effectively.
- A good awareness of the workings of UK government and the public sector.
- A business or marketing qualification.
- Experience of working in a digital environment.
Additional Supplementary Information
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Key Dates: Closing date 10/02/2019 with interviews expected 25/02/2019. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
This role will nominally be based in Exeter HQ but we will consider applicants wishing to work elsewhere within the UK.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Met Office employees also benefit from:
- Annual Leave of 27.5 days (+ 8 Public and Bank holidays), increasing to 32.5 after 5 years.
- Full or part time working considered.
- Flexible working hours to promote work/life balance.
- Extensive career development opportunities.
- ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme to enable affordable, healthy travel.
- Civil Service pension scheme.
- Free car park.
- On-site modern, fully functional gym + classes.
- On-site restaurant, shop and café.
- Many more benefits including healthcare plans and childcare schemes.