Are you an enthusiastic and organised production co-ordinator, who is looking for a flexible role working 3 days in the office and half a day from home? With fantastic people skills and a real desire to ensure accurate, on-time delivery of a portfolio of printed and online products, would you like to be part of busy in-house studio that supports the business to deliver the best content through b2b publications, websites and events?
Newtrade is a small but ambitious company producing market-leading titles, events and digital content in the independent convenience and foodservice markets. Our mission is to develop long-term relationships with the future stars of retail and their suppliers and our production/design team forms an important part of this.
About the Role
Your role is to assist the production/design team to deliver accurate, informative and visually exciting content to our growing audience across the independent retail channel. You will support the head of design to ensure all briefs that go through the studio are accurate before reaching design stages, and hit agreed deadlines.
- to maintain effective systems and processes, including artwork processes and workflows
- to ensure accurate on-time delivery of all products
- to deliver economic and effective planning of issues and hit agreed targets
- to be the day-to-day point of contact for printers and suppliers
- to keep flatplans updated and liaise with editorial, sales, marketing and events to include all paid-for content
- to oversee the creation of weekly and monthly print orders and purchase orders
- to research the best quotes for printed materials, including events collateral
- to trap user and stakeholder feedback on the functionality of the production schedule
- to help create company-wide understanding of how the studio works and encourage positive support from all stakeholders on the value of adhering to the production schedule
You will be confident in providing support to the team, with the ability to manage effective workflows ensuring timely publishing of products. You will be an experienced administrator, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, effectively prioritising your own workload and ensuring deadlines and business objectives are met.
The ideal candidate will have experience using databases, particularly Salesforce. You will be dependable and have great organisational skills to help the business deliver solutions that guarantee a return on investment for our customers. You will have supplier management experience, including briefing, managing timelines and costs.
You will be able to communicate information across teams within the business and have a solution-focused approach, with experience of trouble shooting and problem solving.
You are team focused, taking ownership and pride in your work within the team.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- a passion for both print and digital design
- experience in managing a busy production schedule for either a publishing house or design studio
- experience creating, developing and maintaining schedules, ensuring they are updated and accurate
- excellent time management skills
- organised, with clear, written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to interact at various organisational levels
- experience of database and CRM software, particularly Salesforce
- experience using InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Acrobat
If you enjoy a versatile workload and have the ability to proactively spot problems, find solutions and support your team, then apply now.