Do you want to play a part in helping leaders with young children achieve their career aspirations? Are you passionate about ‘gender equality and supporting efforts to improve the representation of working parents and women in senior roles? Do the values of courage, integrity, inclusion and resilience align with your own values? Are you an excellent administrator and organiser? If ‘Yes’, then you could be our next Programme and Events Officer.
Working alongside the CEO and Founder and reporting directly into the Programme Director the Programme and Events Officer will lead the administration, promotion, planning, organisation and delivery of our training and development, specifically our Award-Winning Leaders Plus Fellowship programme along with our annual programme of events with our wider stakeholders. You will play a pivotal role in supporting us to grow the Leaders Plus Fellowship Programme so that we can support more leaders with young children to progress their careers and drive positive change for others. In doing this you will provide first-class end-to-end administrative support to the team and ensure our stakeholders have seamless experiences with us. You will enjoy trialling and learning new ways of doing things to offer the most efficient and effective administrative solutions to the team.
Programme Delivery & Administration (60%)
- Manage all programme logistics using project management skills to manage a complex programme of annual events and workshops running simultaneously
- Book and liaise with venues (where and when relevant)
- Support the selection and onboarding processes of new Fellows through efficient administration.
- Arranging interviews with Fellows and conducting focus groups
- Write and disseminate communications to Fellows containing important logistical information at regular stages of their programme lifecycle
- Enter data from evaluation surveys and analyse feedback to establish programme impact
- Act on feedback to ensure we are improving the quality of our processes and programmes wherever possible.
- Checking the office inbox – handling website & social media queries
- Data entry into CRM system ensuring GDPR compliance
- Manage and maintain Application Form system
Invoice processing and administration
- Oversee and track invoicing processes, ensuring all invoices are authorised for payment and processed in a timely manner
- Query and reconcile invoices and purchase orders
- Data entry to ensure meticulously tracking of spend against programme budgets
Promotion activity to support programme growth.
- Build partnerships with diverse networks of supporters to promote the Fellowship Programme and the work of Leaders Plus
- Market and advertise to our target groups to generate applications for our Fellowship.
- Support with sourcing and securing PR opportunities via publications aimed at parents, gender networks, HR Directors, & Diversity and Inclusion experts.
- Organise and run webinars to generate interest and enthusiasm for the Fellowship and recruit applicants to it
Administrate and oversee Mentor recruitment and engagement activity
- Source and recruit the required number of senior leader mentors required for each Fellowship cohort
- Develop mentor engagement plans and engage them in wider stakeholder activity!
- Scheduling and overseeing the annual programme of events
- Source speakers and facilitators and prepare appropriate briefings
- Liaising with attendees, and speakers and being a welcoming presence on the day – virtually or in person
- Booking and arranging travel and catering for events (when appropriate)
- Administrative oversight of events to include pre-event planning, on the day event administration and moderation, post event review and feedback capture
- Trial new event formats be creative with tech that supports a virtual experience
- Measure, track and report on event conversion/ROI, ensuring leads are followed up with correctly
- Manage follow up communications with event attendees
- Running and monitoring event sign up systems
Contribute to the wider success and growth of Leaders Plus
- Find speaking opportunities for the CEO and support the Programme Director with reaching out to employers
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our Fellowship, finding ways to help it scale further and reach more people nationally
- Support team to build the Alumni and Mentor engagement strategy
- Support team efforts to ensure Diversity and Inclusion in all that we do
- Commit to team culture, planning and strategy days
- Support overall team with growing social media channels
We would love to meet someone:
(Please do apply even if you don‘t fulfil all criteria – some of our strongest applications in the past have been from surprise candidates!)
- Who has solid administrative experience with outstanding organisational and project management skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- With proven experience working in events and or programme administration
- Who is passionate about supporting efforts to improve gender equality
- With a clear interest in supporting working parents to achieve their career ambitions.
- Who enjoys working with stakeholders to deliver successful events.
- With excellent communication and relationship building skills with abilities to secure delegates, communicate with speakers, partners and suppliers, as well as internal teams and stakeholders
- Able to take ownership of projects and take pride in delivering outstanding results
- With a flexible and ‘can do’ approach to ensure excellent customer service.
- Who is highly organised and self-motivated, able to prioritise and juggle a varied and fast-paced workload.
- Who is an emotionally intelligent communicator who can engage well with a varied suite of stakeholders, some of whom will be C-suite and Executives.
- Who can work independently, and when faced with issues react calmly and logically.
- Who is resourceful and able to adapt to the needs of a growing organisation
- Who is a team player committed to working collaboratively to achieve results
- Who is excited to work in a start up and an entrepreneurial culture, willing to learn and get involved in activity outside of role remit when required.
- Experience of delivering and moderating events both online and offline using systems such as Eventbrite, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Knowledge and/or experience of social enterprise or small business start-ups
- Understanding of our target audience and the barriers and challenges they face.
- Experience networking and liaising with C-suite and Senior Executive audiences
- Experience of recruiting and onboarding programme applicants
- Exposure to working very independently.
- Being fluent in any of the following systems and social media is helpful, but not essential: Google Drive, Gmail, Wordpress, Survey Monkey, Twitter, LinkedIn, Xero, Canva, Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Formsite, Podio
General Leaders Plus Core Competencies:
- Results orientation
- Striving for excellence
- Activating leadership in others
- Continuous learning
- Planning and organising
- Problem Solving
- Alignment with the Leaders Plus principles
About the Leaders Plus Fellowship Programme
- The Leaders Plus Fellowship is an award-winning, evidence-informed Programme designed to support talented individuals to stay on the leadership pipeline and continue to develop their careers while enjoying their young families.
- The aims of the Fellowship are to: -
- A) support parents with young children to develop and progress their careers and
- B) support them to become part of a positive movement for change so all parents can progress to leadership roles.
- The Fellowship offers access to a cross sector peer network, career acceleration workshops rooted in research about career progression, senior leader mentors, workshops with key supporters (e.g. their line manager and their partner if applicable) and support to drive change within their organisation. Fellows can bring along their babies to all sessions. The Programme is open to all genders.
- The Fellowship is funded by employers. 50% of applicants hear about it via word of mouth or social media, the other 50% come from employers who put their parents forward.
- Fellows come from a range of sectors including organisations such as HSBC, the NHS, the BBC, London councils as well as charities such as the Salvation Army.
- Find out more about Leaders Plus and the Fellowship online: www.leadersplus.org.uk
£27-30k FTE pro rata, depending on experience
Contract: 3 days per week, permanent
Apply: Cover letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) sent to email@example.com, outlining how you fulfil the key requirements of the role and answering the following two questions:
What attracted you to apply for this role?
Why would you be an excellent Programme and Events Officer for Leaders Plus
Location: Any UK location. Open to flexible and remote working. Our co-working space is based in London
Closing date: 8th June, however we may interview and appoint excellent candidates earlier
Ideal start: As soon as possible
Interview Date: Likely to be 14th June
Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please click HERE