At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs are recruiting for a Project Engineer to Join our EDF framework delivery team. The Generation Services business team supports our key client EDF Energy Nuclear Generation with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network at all UK sites and stations. You will be part of a large client lead team at EDF’s Sizewell Power Station location and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio which may include existing generation, nuclear defueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
Project Engineers are accountable to the client Project Manager, Senior Project Manager and/or Construction Manager for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. Project Engineers will support the Project Managers and Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion.
The role will be based at the EDF Sizewell Power Station and will require occasional business travel to UK sites/stations Flexible working arrangements between office and home may be possible, however the role will predominantly be based at the Power Station. In this role you will report to the Jacobs Operations Manager, but be accountable for project delivery directly to the client.
Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
Everyone working in our team will need the ability to obtain CTC or SC level UK security clearance.
Here's What You'll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Typically, Chartered Engineer or HND Plus with extensive experience in specific engineering discipline civil, C&I, electrical etc.
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification.
• Experience of Identifying, implementing, and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Able to prepare and maintain engineering documentation including Quality Plans, plus the production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement, followed by the technical review of contractor's documents and drawings.
• Management of technical queries in accordance with process and procedures.
• Carry out technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station engineering staff as required.
• Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
• Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
• Candidates that hold the APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent and versed in modern project management techniques, are preferred but it is not essential.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.