Location: Flexible - UK
Salary: Not Specified
We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career. Have you read the Ramboll Return to Work programme landing page on our site? It provides all the return to work programme details you should know.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Ramboll have offices in London, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow, they are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to regular home working.
About this opportunity
As a Project Manager, you will be part of the project management team. The Ramboll London Buildings Division includes c.140 people working across Structures, MEP and Project Management. They e work across a variety of projects and sectors from large commercial and residential developments, boutique hotels and high-end retail stores to Infrastructure Projects in Antarctica.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Delivery of projects from inception to completion ensuring that scope, contracts, programmes, change management, risk registers, budgets and QA procedures are all in place and maintained through the life of a project
- Managing the design process through design workshops and leading project meetings
- Communicate with and represent the Client’s interest and provide a professional and cost-effective service that meets the Stakeholder’s expectations
- Management of sub-consultants as the project requires, typically this may be quantity surveyors, architects or specialist designers
- Assume responsibility for the day to day management of all project activity including Monthly Reports, Minutes and (MS Project) Programmes, and delivery of presentations when required
- Ensuring coordinated and high-quality deliverables from our multidisciplinary teams
Your key deliverables over the first 24 months for this role will be:
- Preparation and delivery of projects to budget, time and quality
- Coordinating design deliverables and ensuring quality outputs
- Developing safe, sustainable and profitable solutions
For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Minimum HNC/HND in a Building/Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Track record demonstrating experience of the design and construction process
- Experience of managing commercial processes on projects
- A basic understanding of procurement methods and contract administration requirements
- Ability to write high quality reports and be able to interrogate financial information
- Preferably a member or an associate member of an appropriate construction focused association or Institute (APM / ICE) etc. If not currently a member of such organisation you will be required to work towards and achieve this qualification within a reasonable agreed timeframe
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role are:
- You are a confident communication and listener
- You have the ability to manage multiple stakeholder requirements and then communicate these requirements back to the project teams, often across geographical borders
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember:
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.