We are looking for Project Manager to join a tier 1 investment bank for a 12-month contract (PAYE) based in Glasgow. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
The Project Manager will structure, coordinate, govern, manage, and provide oversight for the integration of recent Firm acquisitions into the service offerings of the Security Testing Assessments and Results (STAR) Department. STAR enables the business to appropriately manage its risk by providing products and services that provide transparency; continuously protect the Firm's interests; and evolve with changing risk landscapes. The STAR team includes Technology Policy, Testing and Assessments, Vendor Risk Assessments, and Metrics and Reporting.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing IT Risk or Security projects. This will entail the strategic planning, status reporting, issue/risk/dependency tracking, resource/budget management, leading meetings, and providing management escalations as necessary.
The daily activities include
- Act as a central point for assigned activities including demand planning, structuring initiatives, and coordinating daily initiative activities across other technology departments.
- Work with technology leadership to ensure strategy requirements are being met and on target for completion
- Oversee program demand planning and governance, prioritizing work and focusing resources or critical change activities.
- Manage regular reporting
- Highlight key accomplishments, risks/issues, dependencies, within assigned programs and to escalate or coordinate as needed
- Work with central PMO teams to ensure portfolio/project management standards and processes are being met
- Oversee and work with other department level leads to ensure dependent activities are understood and coordinated within the larger program activities.
- Manage strategic or critical projects as needed.
- Program/project management experience
- Experience creating program/project structure
- Experience managing IT security projects
- Ability to indirectly manage virtual team members from a diverse cultural background
- Strong and proven problem solving skills
- Awareness of cyber and risk related projects, as well as being able to understand the value these technologies bring to organization
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects concurrently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written/reporting skills
- A sound background and adherence to business processes and procedures
- Good MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel) skills
- MS Project knowledge
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Candidates must have a good attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated as well as being a team player
- PMP certified
- Understanding of ITIL
- HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) experience
- Agile Experience
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite, you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.