Who we are
PwC’s Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, Change Management and Customer Management. We have almost 1,200 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
About the roleOur Change Management Technical Solutions is experiencing continuous success and growth. As part of this growth, we are seeking to recruit experienced IT Project Managers who can support and manage the execution of complex projects which are typically of higher risk (technical, organisational, reputation), high value or are of strategic importance.
The Project Manager is held accountable for the overall project delivery processes including project planning, scheduling, costing, execution, risk management activities and closing processes. This role interfaces with internal and external resource providers to mobilize a project team across Technology, Digital, Data, Business and Security to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager ensures project execution is delivered in accordance to quality assurance and control activities
- Identify necessary management structures for projects and ensure all key project stakeholders are informed and involved
- Track and monitor project progress and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Manage assigned internal and external resources within the scope of the project, provide a collaborative and performance driven environment
- Liaise with client groups to execute project deliverables
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate project risks and issues
- Ensure that project deliverables are executed in accordance with the methodologies and meets business requirements.
- Effectively manage project teams’ time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed
- Manage procurement and contract management processes when applicable
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of projects across the portfolio
- Estimate project costs and manage the budget (includes related scope control)
- Complete regular project reporting and change order request processes as outlined by the PMO
Who we are looking forProven Project Management experience to include
- Managing multiple dependencies between projects
- Allocating tasks and monitoring execution performance
- Presenting and consolidating project status reports
- Demonstrate financial Project/Portfolio management
- Experience of project management toolsets e.g. MSP
- Understanding of different methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE2
- Understanding of collaboration toolsets e.g. Sharepoint, Powerpoint as well as an understanding of Digital technologies including Web, Cloud and Data
- Financial services
What is in it for youAs we’re responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related).
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package.
- A flexible benefits scheme that be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC