Educated to degree level or equivalent experience and/or relevant IT qualification
Previous experience with proven track record of delivery in large projects / Programmes
- Accredited at Project Management discipline (practitioner level) (e.g. DSDM Atern, Certified project Manager, APMP, Prince2 practitioner, ISEB)
- Expert in Project management disciplines
- Experience of budget management
- Proven decision making ability
- Ability to manage and develop people effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of influencing senior management population
- Awareness of market trends in Insurance & the IT industry
- Expert understanding of end to end IT solutions and the IT delivery lifecycle
- Proven experience of managing relationships with 3rd parties
- Responsibility for one or more UK-IT project or workstreams within a programme, ensuring delivery is on time, within budget, to scope.
- Applies and champions the appropriate project management disciplines of planning, resourcing, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, risk, issue and dependency management.
- Establishes an effective project team structure.
- Responsible for the development and management of budget and expenditure within projects.
- Manages and contributes to the selection of supplier delivery relations for technical partners, software vendors and contract agencies.
- Responsible for overall project planning & management of resources required (including well developed contingency plans) to deliver the agreed solutions.
- Demonstrates change management discipline throughout each project, controlling scope delivered to meet sponsor expectations
- Plan and coordinate deploy and release activities (technical tasks should be identified and implemented by team lead/change management)