Job title: Project Manager - Market Risk
Department: Risk Management Risk Change
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: One Angel Lane
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
The Risk Management Department at Nomura is broadly organised according to the main risk classes; Credit Risk Management, Market Risk Management, Operational Risk Management and New Products/Business.
The Risk Management team works to provide a firm wide capital management framework, which takes into account the availability and cost of capital, its effective utilization within and across business lines and the overall capital adequacy of the firm. Risk Management's key activities include ensuring transparency and effectively managing market, credit, liquidity, concentration and tail risk within the risk appetite of the firm and monitoring the effectiveness of capital utilization through the use of limit structures, with an emphasis on stress testing and risk adjusted returns on capital efficiency measures.
The Risk Change function within Risk management manages regulatory and other strategic changes for various risk business functions. Working in Risk change gives a great opportunity to understand Nomura Risk businesses processes and domain. Risk Change partners with technology and business functions to support implementation of various risk solutions. Successful candidates will work within the Market Risk workstream and will work very closely with other global Risk Analysts, Risk middle office, Risk Technology, Global risk change team and other business functions to deliver various regulatory and strategic risk changes.
As part of the Market Risk global Book of Work covering both regulatory, Strategic and incremental business change there is a requirement for a delivery focused junior project manager with market risk domain knowledge. Candidate would be supporting programme managers and business analysts in market risk programme to deliver across a number of market risk initiatives (primarily FRTB).
- Ensure adherence to project governance and control processes around project delivery
- Support development of well-defined project plan and effective tracking of achievements, issues and project deliverables
- Timely reporting of project status, issues, risks to various management team and governance forum as appropriate
- Leverage strong foundation of various market risk concepts to manage delivery of business mandatory market risk related changes
- Good communication skills and understanding of key Market risk business processes to support presentation of complex topics to senior management.
- Interprets the regulatory requirements in conjunction with various Market risk stakeholders to manage scoping of business requirements and delivery
- Act as business gate keeper, control issues being raised to IT and work with the business to ensure issues are raised appropriately and are fully understood/agreed globally.
- Works with lead BAs to assists IT teams with an understanding of requirements and functional requirements specification.
- Good team player who would be required to work closely with the global business, IT, BAs, QA and development team throughout project lifecycle.
- Work with lead PMs to organise and prioritise work for the global team within deadlines set and escalate as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Equivalent work experience of 6+ years ideally in Market Risk management as a Business analyst or Business user or Project manager with strong interest in developing as a project manager
- Knowledge of key risk metrics (e.g. VaR, IRC, FRTB ) and other market risk methodologies.
- Experience in FRTB SA or IMA implementation would be advantageous
- Experience of business partner management, presentation and good written & verbal communication skills
- Exposure to various Devop tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA) to manage project deliverables
- Prior experience in market risk system implementations and involvement in regulatory projects.
- Exposure to market risk systems, data and processes involved in generating market risk regulatory capital.
- High level understanding project management concepts and approach
- Track record of managing requirements, delivery and testing in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Some experience in defining Testing approach, test plan and test co-ordination.
- Proven experience facilitating the elicitation of requirements from end users and translating them to user, functional and non-functional requirements for Development Teams. Work with development teams (IT) to clarify that design meets requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point & Visio