About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As a Project Manager developing and leading a multi-functional project management consultancy team within projects of different disciplines and complexities, you will have hands-on experience of working with client teams in a collaborative and integrated manner. You will be required to lead our projects following the requirements of the WSP Business Management System, as well as to meet client requirements. Experience of working within the Network Rail environment (or other similar major UK client organisations such as HS2), specifically in the use of the client systems and processes will be advantageous.
A typical week would include:
- Establishing & maintaining a professional project management team capable of delivering the required services to the client organisation.
- Establishing robust processes and procedures to manage the project, in consultation and engagement with our commercial and administration departments.
- Delivering necessary periodic project reports, to allow senior managers to direct the project appropriately
- Managing interfaces between project and client teams and establishing risk mitigation measures.
- Delivering information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the project on a period by period basis and propose how these should be resolved / managed.
- Facilitating effective planning of the works within the project team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A degree, in relevant engineering or management discipline
- Chartered Membership of a relevant professional body
- APM/MSP/PMI/PRINCE2/Six Sigma post-graduate qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience in major construction or rail projects. Technical and project management experience is vital
- Client or project delivery (design or construction) Rail, Metro or Transport experience an advantage
- Proven ability to lead and work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in a consultancy environment with good customer relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable capability & experience in Project Management and Project Controls
- Network Rail, London Underground or other major UK transport client experience is vital
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
We’re a people business. In the UK we have over 7,000 colleagues who are united by our values: collaboration, innovation, pride, and passion for our work. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do as well.
We're only as good as our last job, and whatever we're working on, as a team of passionate, proud and innovative consultants we apply the same level of professional service to everything we do.