Develop your career at the heart of our business
When you join our 20 week Returnship programme as a Project Manager, you will get the opportunity to be responsible for the management of large scale multi-disciplinary programmes across the Group, influencing policy and strategy, to maximise the impact on shareholder value to the agreed business case. Alongside this, the role will involve collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners as determined by the project.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Project Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Define and develop business case specifications and plans to support prioritised and often sensitive or complex projects, aligning to strategic objectives and gaining required approvals and sign off.
- Determine the full scale and scope of the programme and the impact that delivery will have on the business.
- Control the project in terms of cost, time, quality and benefits, ensuring the project business case is delivered.
- Define and drive the project / programme governance in line with the chosen delivery methodology of the initiative and relevant organisation-wide frameworks.
- Provide challenge and scrutiny around selection of the chosen approach and delivery of the change, in support of a successful outcome for the business.
- Monitor and control project costs presenting relevant information to governance and stakeholders
- Proactively build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships, stakeholder relationships up to and including Executive and Board levels, to enhance 2-way communication and support the successful execution of projects.
- Identify, develop and present recommendations around any project scope evolution as required to deliver best value to the business alongside producing significant business improvement or cultural change in support of competitive advantage for the business.
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in project management role, supported by business and management experience, preferably within a Financial Services environment with the ability to define, shape and develop project requirements.
- Experience planning and managing large and complex projects which have significantly affect the whole organisation alongside the ability to apply agile and waterfall principles to project delivery.
- Experience managing large multi-disciplined or highly technical teams, through direct and matrix management.
- Experience preparing and delivering reports and presentations to stakeholders including customers and management regarding project status, results and recommendations.
- Formal Project Management qualification such as PMP, Prince 2 etc. are advantageous.
Please note for the duration of your 20 week programme, your salary will be a proration of your annualised salary.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year, prorated
- £6,000 car allowance per year, prorated
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.