As Project Manager will be responsible for advising the clients on contractual matters through the definition phase of a projects and the contract administration of projects during the implementation phase. Therefore, it is a requirement that the role holder will be familiar with Pre-and Post-Contract delivery on projects, preferably with experience of design and construction management and is fully conversant with the NEC suite of Contracts.
Specific skills/experience required
- Procurement knowledge of construction contracts under a Principal Contractor, Designer or Consultant delivery approach.
- Knowledge of NEC form of contract and the ability to manage contract administration, including contract communications, change control, variation/compensation event assessment, valuation/certification; contract remedies and contract close.
- Working knowledge of MS Project and assessment methodologies of Contractors Programmes.
- Experienced in Monthly Cost Reporting and cost control against budget.
Specific qualifications required
- Post degree experience
- Hold, or be taking, professional stage of membership of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent professional qualifications
- NEC accredited training (preferred)
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Outstanding people management skills.
- Well-developed listening skills, tact and diplomacy, and the ability to manage stakeholders.
- Excellent numeracy and data analysis skills
- Stakeholder supplier relationship skills