Project Supervising Associate (Culture Work Stream - Project Goose) - UK&I - London - 10 month FTC
Other locations: Primary Location Only
Date: Sep 6, 2021
EY's NextWave strategy accounts for the dramatic and fast-paced changes that the world is undergoing, including rapid advances in technology, new client needs, macroeconomic and geopolitical shifts, and people's new expectations of the future of work. These changes create exciting opportunities, but new opportunities also bring new risks. At the same time, increasing regulatory and compliance obligations add pressure on the firm and our client handlers.
Within the professional services environment, the management of risk is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Our UK Risk Management team provides a second line of defence support encompassing the technical support and processes which enable and support the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
This role sits within the Central Risk Management (RM) group in the UK - a team of approximately 90 risk management specialists covering a range of topics including auditor independence, regulatory project & change management, financial crime, data protection, security, health & safety and other risk areas. RM works closely with the Legal team, other risk management specialists embedded in the Service Lines and client handlers.
This role reports ultimately into the Risk Management Operations Director and is a direct report to the Engagement Managers of 'Project Goose'.
Project Goose is a Board-level Programme covering the UK Firm aiming to tune our culture to improve conduct, risk management and compliance. The project has successfully piloted a set of measures and will now implemented these to further improve conduct & compliance behaviours across the firm.
We have an opportunity for two Fixed Term Contractors (FTCs) to join the project team to manage the implementation across all ten Service Lines (SLs) of EY.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with the existing team to roll out a pre-defined set of four conduct & compliance measures across all the service line of EY supporting the SL internal roll out managers:
- Improving the tone from the top - supporting Senior Management meetings & town halls to promote good conduct/ compliance
- Support the implementing a 'Buddy framework' in each Service Line - supporting buddy selection and stand-up of the network
- Support the implementation of the 'Doing the right thing' portal including Service Line customisation and work with our GDS team in India to develop/ implement the portals
- Strengthen our Counsellor Connect Groups to incorporate good conduct and compliance behaviours in the performance review process
- Support change management communication to facilitate the required change
- Develop practical enhancements to the interventions, where appropriate
- Support the Engagement Managers to be the day to day contact for Service Lines during the implementation - help with functional questions and project management guidance
- Support ad-hoc requests of Service Lines regarding all roll out matters
- Support the monitoring and tracking progress of the roll-out including upwards reporting to project leadership; create status updates (also on ad hoc basis)
Skills and attributes for success
- This role would suit a change consultant who had previous exposure to regulatory programme management and preferably behavioural change.
- Requires a 'get things done' attitude
- Ability to create a 'case for change' for each SL to receive their buy in
- Commercial awareness of the issues facing a professional services business and the ability to deal with problems in a practical and common-sense way
- Ability to successfully engage with a broad range of stakeholders, establishing credibility, respect and trust at all levels, including with senior partners of the firm.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong personal communication skills, capable of dealing with wide a range of people and senior stakeholders
- Good planning and organisational skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility and manage tasks and projects through to completion.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Knowledge of Assurance, Consulting or other regulated activities would be an asset.
- A background in cultural change and/ or behavioural change
What we look for
- A team player who is willing to work collaboratively with colleagues while demonstrating accountability for tasks and projects in their remit.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.