The role forms part of a small team in a family owned office, managing commercial and residential property in South West London.
A pro-active, versatile and flexible Property and Lettings Manager is required to manage tenants, maintenance, rent collection, office admin other property management tasks as directed, liaison with the FD, owner and other partners in a small business environment.
We anticipate approximately 20 to 30 hours are required per week and are reasonably flexible in scheduling these hours. Previous property experience is not essential, but this role is very much people facing (tenants, contractors, maintenance staff), so a high level of communication, both verbally and in writing is required, together with attention to detail keeping the electronic and hard copy files up to date. You must be able to work using your own initiative with good IT skills.
* Manage tenants on day to day basis dealing with queries, complaints and updates verbally and in written form
* Preparation of tenancy agreements and co-ordinating renewal contracts
* Tenant referencing and monitoring
* Arrange inventory check in and check out reports
* Rent collection monthly and arrears follow up
* Oversee the day to day maintenance of properties
* Organise gas safety certificates, electrical certificates, EPCs, meter readings to utility companies
* Maintain up to date property and tenancy files
* Carry out site visits when necessary to ensure buildings are in good order.
* Help to maintain office administration in a logical and orderly fashion
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person and on the telephone
* Polite and presentable at all times whilst being confident with excellent spoken English
* Good IT skills, including Word and Excel
* Self-motivated & forward thinker
* Outgoing interpersonal skills
* Organised, methodical and with attention for detail
* A commitment to providing customer service, hardworking, able to manage and meet deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community