This is an exciting opportunity to be part of ShelterBox’s Philanthropy Team working to make the most of our relationships with corporate partnerships, trusts and foundations, and major donors.
This role will work across the team to support philanthropy activity. Through the delivery of proactive and reactive research and intelligence it will support the team in achieving income targets, which in turn will make sure we are able to help more of the world’s most vulnerable people.
It will require close working with the philanthropy team and wider UK Giving team. The Prospect Researcher will work on a variety of prospect research activities, from larger prospect finding projects to donor profiles, networks research and competitor analysis.
Who we are looking for:
We're looking for an experienced and confident researcher with a strong understanding of fundraising trends and initiatives and a passion for maximising opportunities.
This is a new role within the organisation, created to support our philanthropy team to identify and prioritise supporters and prospects who are able to offer significant financial support as well as networks and connections to other potential major donors.
You’ll be highly organised with a can-do attitude and be able to support the team to maximise income from large funders. This role will suit a driven, collaborative researcher who is keen to make their mark.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Create an overarching plan for prospect research, in collaboration with colleagues in the philanthropy team and across UK Giving, which delivers a strong and sustainable prospect pipeline to achieve income growth.
- Provide research to help identify and prioritise donors and prospects who are able to offer significant or increased financial support, working with the philanthropy team to help shape solicitation plans. This includes profiling, network mapping, prospect qualification and other intelligence gathering activities.
- Support the philanthropy team with new business within their team plans, working in collaboration to identify top prospects, develop the appropriate strategies to approach them and track progress of prospects in the pipeline.
- Work closely with our Operations team colleagues to understand priorities for funding in the short and longer term.
- Embed best practice use of the CRM database within the team, developing tools to analyse and review our prospect pool and how prospects are moved through the pipeline.
- Internally communicate funding opportunities with relevant information and deadlines
- Prepare detailed research as required to brief senior team members, including the CEO, for meetings and events to a high standard.
- Research the priorities of new and existing donors and keep up-to-date with funding strategies of grant giving organisations;
- Work with colleagues to produce research into funders and funding opportunities, which will contribute to the development of our Philanthropy strategy
- Keep up-to-date with new fundraising developments through networking internally and within the sector, attending events and reading relevant charity reports.
- Establish and maintain effective systems and processes for tracking and analysing funding activity
- Ensure the funding database is kept up to date and all records of grants, contracts and donor intelligence are accessible and accurate
- Extract and analyse data on funding activity and performance for inclusion in management and board reporting
Position Type: Part Time (22.5 hours per week, 0.6FTE), permanent
Salary Range: £27,200 to £37,500 pro rata (inclusive of London weighting)
Reports to: Philanthropy & Partnerships Manager
Direct Reports: None
Place of Work: Our main offices are London (E14 2BE) and Truro (TR1 2PH). There is scope for this role to be home based with travel for meetings