Cloud Engineer (Python) - Glasgow - Financial Services
Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services, and they are in search of a Cloud Engineer.
This position is for a Cloud Engineer and will be part of the Kubernetes Engineering team.
Although the role is titled; Cloud Engineer, our clients would be very interested in speaking with Python Developers, with any level of Kubernetes experience.
The team is currently working on rolling out a Kubernetes platform globally and driving platform adoption by developing features for other platform and application teams.
This role will be a 12-month contract (PAYE), based in Glasgow however, you have the option to work fully remote.
- Candidates MUST HAVE Python development experience.
- Candidates MUST HAVE Kubernetes experience
The ideal candidate will the following key skills:
- 4+ years of experience developing in Python
- 2+ years of practical Kubernetes experience
- Openshift experience is a big plus
- Experience installing, upgrading and supporting Kubernetes clusters
- 4+ years of experience using automation tooling such as Ansible
- 5+ years of experience working in ops or engineering teams-10+ years of Linux experience
- Familiar with standard development practices a big plus
- Knowledge of Micro-services architecture
- Familiar setting up CI/CD build and deployment systems.
- Knowledge of Docker runtime -Experience developing RESTFul APIs