Your new role
We are seeking a Quality and Performance Analyst to join our regional Performance Assurance and Business Services Team. This role is a fixed term contract or secondment opportunity for 12 months, offered on a part time basis working 30 hours per week - we’re flexible on the working days!
Utilising your stakeholder management skills and understanding of service based contracts, you will be responsible for the implementation and embedment of performance measurement and assurance activities, including auditing and monitoring across all teams and supply chain partners to ensure effective contract management. You will also provide coaching and support to develop administrators and apprentices within the team.
What you’ll be leading on
• To work collaboratively with regional and national Operations teams (e.g. Supplier Performance and Improvement Team) to implement performance reporting requirements, KPIs, and metrics that allow better understanding and visibility of the Region’s performance against its targets.
• Deliver the allocated work in line with the audit programme for the region’s contracts and internal activities. Carry out audits and facilitate audits coming into region (such as Contract Assurance Regime); carry out data and trend analysis on audit findings and manage any resulting nonconformities.
• Support the implementation of Quality Management for the region’s contracts and use performance and trend analysis to identify improvements in quality performance, weighing pros and cons and including cost benefit analysis.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of Quality Management documentation and champion a culture of continuous improvement across the region by ensuring that performance feedback and lessons learned are captured, owned, tracked and monitored through to delivery.
• Deliver the allocated elements of the region’s quality and performance reporting, ensuring that positive performance is recognised, and quality improvement plans are created to address poor performance.
• Manage non-conformities (NCRs) and quality management points (QMPs), ensuring they are raised and closed out effectively.
To be successful
•You will be a qualified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001 (highly desirable)
•You will have a good understanding of quality management systems, value stream mapping and quality measurement requirements and methods
• You will have experience of working on service based contracts with an understanding of a range of contract forms, NEC (or similar) is desirable
• You will have good stakeholder management skills accompanied with good communication skills
•You will have experience in quality and performance management, including experience of maintaining challenging yet collaborative relationships with the supply chain, and driving continual improvement and best practice.
A bit about us
Highways England aims to make sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys and is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future. Health and Safety is our number one imperative and we strive to ensure our employees arrive home safe and well. Our vision is that 'no one should be harmed when travelling or working on the strategic road network’.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We are proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.