Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to work in a cross-disciplinary feature teams delivering exciting customer driven solutions and high quality software whilst crafting the way we reduce risk through the Test cycle and drive overarching Chapter guidelines and principles.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare chance to create a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit accurately into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Quality Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and build an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Want to know more?
- You'll have passion for mentoring other specialists and building a strong team culture through peer-to-peer collaboration and development
- You'll have an automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
- You'll have passion to work collaboratively across the teams in order to align to the Engineering Strategy and meet the overall goals of the Bank and Partners
- Defining acceptance criteria against user stories and maintaining Test traceability
- A focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team and its partners on the quality definition of the product
- Identifying defects and working with the feature team to provide fixes preventing defect leakage. Helping to capture lessons learnt to prevent similar issues in the future
- Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and standard methodologies that exist across the wider Test community
- Work with Software Engineers, Non-functional quality engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Designers to understand solution choices, whether operational or technological, and support on delivering an incremental plan
And as for your skills?
We'll need you to have four (or more) of these technologies:
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in Feature Team delivery of software products
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Experience of working as part of an agile team
- Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas
- Experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment testing web applications
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 28 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...