The principal purpose of the role is to engage potential members, sell appropriate level membership packages, manage and nurture member relationships and work closely with the Entrepreneurial Scotland membership team to deliver a first-class service across the Highlands and Islands.
The role will work closely with the whole ES team, local volunteers, Highlands & Islands Enterprise (HIE) and other partners across the H&I region to support existing members in the region and to identify and engage with prospective members. Success will be measured in terms of the engagement levels of members, retention of members and growth in new members across the region. A further measure of success will be the impact membership has on the members’ businesses and interests.
Specific skills/experience required
- An outstanding verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to motivate yourself and others around you
- Understanding of Microsoft office
- Can deliver a high level of customer support
- Ability to engage with a wide range of people face to face including CEOs and MDs of some of Scotland’s most entrepreneurial businesses and organisations
- Experience of delivering and achieving targets
- Able to perform administrative tasks and to deliver accurate reporting to given timescales
- Ability to work across Highlands and Islands region and to link to team based in Glasgow.
- Experience of growing a membership or business development organisation
- Experience of working with businesses and business support organisations (i.e. Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Entrepreneurial Spark etc.)
- Experience of sales or fundraising in a face-to-face environment
- Has experience of working with volunteers
Specific qualifications required
- Valid drivers licence
Personal characteristics and attitude
We are looking for an individual who consistently demonstrates a drive to enable our members to achieve their business goals and support the vision for Scotland to become the most entrepreneurial society in the world. The individual will have great energy, be a natural connector of ideas and people, self-manage their time and effort for the best outcomes. They will work readily and easily with HIE, the Entrepreneurial Scotland team and key partners throughout the region. They will have an ability to sell membership packages to appropriate prospects and then manage those members to enable them to get the most out of the membership. The individual will be a natural problem solver and represent our organisation and HIE as leading the way in developing an Entrepreneurial Scotland. They will be able to work flexibly within a growing team and positively help shape the culture and structures.